Lifetime updates for my iOS TomTom app

kennyfox
kennyfox Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
I purchased a TomTom gps app via the App Store, before TomTom Go, which included unlimited updates. This is why I purchased it at that time. Then TomTom Go appeared and the iPhone app I had purchased stopped getting updates. Now TomTom wants me to pay to use TomTom Go. I think this is unfair since I purchased the original product due to the lifetime updates. Are there others who have experienced this unfair treatment?

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,354
    Revered Voyager
    edited May 2
    The old navigation app is end of life and no longer available for download.
    With the release of the 3rd generation Tomtom GO Navigation app
    For more than three years Tomtom has accompanied the migration to the 2nd generation application apparently you have not taken advantage of this advantage.
  • kennyfox
    New Seeker
    edited May 2
    I know it isn’t available for download - I did take advantage of TomTom Go when it came out, my point is when I purchased it it states “lifetime downloads” and now I have to pay for TomTom Go.
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,954
    Hi @kennyfox, It seems to be an issue with the subscription on your TomTom account. I would advise you to reach out to our support and see if they can rectify this for you.

Best, lampard
  • kennyfox
    New Seeker
    How do I contact support - a live person - to talk to regarding my case? Every time I click on “contact support” I cannot get to a link or a local telephone number to get in touch with a person. Can you help? Thanks.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,831
    Superuser
    Hi @kennyfox

There are no phone lines to Customer Support since the start of Covid.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in, and not before, Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Support Box appears and at the bottom with a message option
    Type Contact or Chat in the box
    If Chat is available you should be offered the chance to Tap Live Chat
    If it is Out of Hours for Chat you should be offered an option to message however I would suggest you wait until Chat is available which is during Normal working hours.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug