Go 4PL60 corrupt map cant repair

bry25
bry25 Registered Users Posts: 18
Master Explorer
i Have a 4pl60 that had a map update, this update failed at 42% and rebooted. Started up again and displayed no map available. tried to add map again but repeated issue at 42%.
So, I plugged into pc and accessed via mydrive connect, it showed map is corrupted. When I try and attempt repair it says theres not enough room avilable. It wont let me delete the map as I NEED A MAP INSTALLED apparently. cant reset to factory settings(via the tomtom) as it wont let me access menus as it starts with the ADD A MAP screen.
I have tried recovery mode and that reinstalled something, then restarted back to the same ADD A MAP screen.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,785
    Superuser
    edited April 30
    Hi
    @bry25
    What are the 1st 2 characters of the device serial number ???
    (Only post the 1st 2 Characters) The first two letters define the Tomtom Model...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • bry25
    Master Explorer
    Hi, the first to chrs are ZA
    thanks
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,319
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

ZA ONE IQ Routes is a very old device updated via Tomtom Home?
    or is it the new ones like the GO 6200?
  • bry25
    Master Explorer
    Its the truck pro one, approx 7 yrs old? not sure exactly what the model number is.
  • bry25
    Master Explorer
    sorry, thats no much help
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    edited April 30
    Ok Go 6200 pro or GO 6250 pro
    Follow these FAQs to reinstall a map. https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013958699-Aucune-carte-disponible-appareils-Wi-Fi-
  • bry25
    Master Explorer
    After trying several times, still no joy. Ive even tried 'removing content' and erasing the map. The app just returns to its start screen again. As you can see, it hasnt got room to re-download the map, and repair also fails for the same reason. can I not access the filesystem while its in recovery mode and manually delete the map file?
    xw7t42uic0q3.png
  • YamFazMan
    Superuser
    edited May 1
    HI
    @bry25
    The Wi-Fi Connected devices normally update using Wi-Fi...
    Connect over Wi-Fi... See Option... (1) In the link below....

If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable....
    Connect over USB... See Option... (2) In the link below....

See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1722678/#Comment_1722678

If you are still having problems updating, Try....
    Updating a Tomtom Wi-Fi device over USB... The (Wi-Fi) device requires the use of the (Wi-Fi) Device Onboard Menus....
    I've discovered a different way of updating the Wi-Fi devices.....
    Using the MyDrive Connect Menu structure... Instead of the onboard (Wi-Fi) Menu Structure....
    It works a treat, it's just like updating the previous NAV4 devices... But much faster as the (Wi-Fi) Devices update over USB on the fly i.e... No Download/Upload/Install....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1133834/updating-a-tomtom-wi-fi-device-over-usb-using-the-mydrive-connect-menu-structure

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    edited May 1
    @bry25

Download Mydrive connect to your computer disconnect the wi-fi from your box connect your GPS to your computer try to update.
  • bry25
    Master Explorer
    edited May 2
    Thanks for the help,Ive now tried all the suggestions above, the problem I am having is it wont update,repair or add any maps as it doesnt have enough free space due to the corrupt map still being presentSee image), Is there a way i can delete the map directly by accessing the file structure to free up space. MYDRIVE wont let me delete it from the app.
    itgut59drieq.png

Ive added a memory card, but it wont recognise it!!!!! (32gb and a 256gb)
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    You cannot delete the installed map you will no longer be able to access the GPS menu.

The maximum SD card is 32 GB if the GPS does not want to format the SD format the SD with a computer then reinsert the SD card for the GPS to format it again.

Updating your device using Wi-Fi https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013899580-Mettre-à-jour-votre-GPS-via-Wi-Fi-
  • YamFazMan
    Superuser
    edited May 2
    Hi
    @bry25
    The cache For MyDrive Connect is not automatically deleted after the installation of a new Maps etc to the device...
    If the last Map update was corrupt... The device will keep trying to install the corrupt Map in the cache...
    To clear the cache....
    With the myDrive Connect running + The MDC Main window open
    Click on the Gear Icon screen top right
    Click on Downloads Tab
    Click 'Empty Download folder'
    Cilck 'Save setting'

Or... If I'm having problems with MyDrive Connect... I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program....
    Will usually bring MyDrive Connect back to life...
    Step-by-step instructions for removing the 'Home3' Folder and the 'MyDrive connect' folder....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1134289/connection-problems-mydrive-connect-delete-the-home3-mydrive-connect-folders

Here's a similar solution recently suggested by Tomtom support ....
    Click on the spoiler Icon to view the reply...
    Step by step MyDrive Connect fix from Tomtom support....
    Okay.
    I will share certain steps with you for troubleshooting and request you to perform it as it is.
    1) Close MyDrive Connect completely.
    2) Make sure there are no TomTom related processes running in task manager.
    -The Task Manager can be found by pressing the keys Ctrl+Alt+Del and then selecting Task Manager
    3) Uninstall MyDrive Connect via the Control Panel
    4) Delete the TomTom folder from the Program files.
    -Go to Start and then My Computer/Computer/This PC
    -Delete the MyDrive Connect folder from C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86)
    5) Check each username profile (marked as <username> here) and make sure the TomTom folders are deleted from the following locations:
    -C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local
    -C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming
    -C:\Users\<username>\AppData\\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files
    6) Press the Windows Key + R to open the run window.
    - Type in %temp% then press OK . Delete as many files from this location as possible. Some files can not be deleted. This is normal.
    7) Restart the computer.
    8) Create a new Administrator account in Windows.
    -Create a simple username, for instance TomTom, with no spaces or special characters (like â, é, ë etc.).
    9) Log out of the current account and log in with the new administrator account.
    10) Reinstall MyDrive Connect.
    - Go to https://help.tomtom.com/hc/articles/360013959499-Installing-MyDrive-Connect
    - Download MyDrive Connect.
    -Go to the download folder, right-click on the file MyDriveConnect.exe and press run as administrator.
    11) Check the status of the program in the firewall
    11) Then connect the device to the computer and follow the update and install it. The update should go through.
    Make sure to install the update one at a time.
    Stay safe... ATB YFM