Camera warning distance

Gazzzzzzzzz
Gazzzzzzzzz Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
Is there any way you can set the distance for camera warnings to warn earlier that there is a camera ahead other than the standard setting on a TT5100?
The standard warning is too short and a camera van has normally got you before the warning sound goes off

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,761
    Elite Voyager
    No, it is not possible to set the camera warning distance at which you want to be warned.
  • Arnold Layne
    Arnold Layne Registered Users Posts: 22
    Master Explorer
    I raised this as an issue five years ago and it has never been sorted. Driving along the A14 in Suffolk yesterday where there is a flyover used by camera vans the warning was given far too late in both directions. If you can see the place, the laser gun can see you.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1026602/mobile-camera-warning-too-late-go-5000#latest
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,480
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Arnold Layne
    I realize it's not Ideal....
    But if you keep an eye on the Traffic Bar you will see a warning many miles before you see the Speed Camera....
    80r1vssh9p9k.jpg
    Note... I use the 'Wide Traffic Bar' in the settings menu...

Stay safe... ATB YFM
  • Arnold Layne
    Arnold Layne Registered Users Posts: 22
    Master Explorer
    @YamFazMan I hadn’t used the wide traffic bar before but now I prefer it. As you say you can see the upcoming cameras better with the wide bar, but it seems only if you have a route planned. If not, earlier warning of mobile cameras would still be better.