map updates

wolvesgeoff
wolvesgeoff Registered Users Posts: 4
New Seeker
got my tomtom135m in 2016 with lifetime updates included (ON THE BOX ) --WHEN I NOW CONNECT MY DEVICE TO MY LAPTOP TO UPDATE I NOTICE THAT MY MAPS UPDATES WILL EXPIRE IN 2024 ----THIS IS NOT LIFETIME AS ON THE BOX (DOCUMENTATION) ---ALSO IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS MY SPEED CAMERA ALERTS HAS STOPPED WORKING AFTER WORKING FOR ALMOST 6 YEARS WITHOUT A PROBLEM OR SUBSCRIPTION --WORKED OUT OF THE BOX FROM NEW

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,455
    Revered Voyager
    In 2024, you will contact customer service to request the lifetime service extension for the card.

About speed cameras

The functionality of TomTom models has changed, speed camera services are linked to a subscription. When a speed camera subscription expires, the TomTom device stops issuing alerts.
  • wolvesgeoff
    New Seeker
    I WILL CONTACT CUST/SERV WHEN MY LIFETIME MAPS EXPIRES IN 2024 --AS FOR THE SPEED CAMERA ALERTS THEY CAME WITH THE PACKAGE --I NEVER HAD TO SUBSCRIBE SO WHATS CHANGED
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    What has changed, the speed cameras have been removed with the map update if you want to find your speed cameras, you must subscribe to a speed camera subscription.
  • wolvesgeoff
    New Seeker
    still have LIFETIME MAPS at the moment and have never subscribed to speed camera alerts so why are they only now not working
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    With the purchase of via 135 in 2016 you were entitled to a 3 month trial period on the radar

Now since April 2021 The functionality of Tomtom models has changed, speed camera services are linked to a subscription. When a speed camera subscription expires, the Tomtom device stops issuing alerts.
  • kovacsladislav
    kovacsladislav Registered Users Posts: 3
    New Seeker
    Neda sa mi aktualizovat navigacia Start 52 s dozivotnymi mapami, je tam 25 mesiacov stara mapa a ziadnu novu neponuka. Viete mi pomoct? [email protected]
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager