Support

Jim610
Jim610 Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Traveler
How do you get support for faulty devices these days? Last time I could live chat with a real human, now is seems to be only a bot! In the good old days there was a phone number you could call!

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,452
    Revered Voyager
    @Jim610 .

Since covid 19 there is no longer a telephone line
    You can speak with a Tomtom agent via chat.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,832
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Jim610
    Welcome to the site....
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    The phone service has been suspended (Indefinitely)
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    Chat… Will be available during Normal Office Hours
    Email… Will be available outside of Normal Office Hours

Step by Step tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1771083/#Comment_1771083

TomTom customer support by email….
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560
    Note... This link is to one of the Tomtom Support site pages... You may have to login again using your Tomtom Email & Password...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Jim610
    Jim610 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thanks YamFazMan

Chat is open normal office hours in what part of the world? I tried during normal office hours here in the UK and got no response. It would help if they published thier hours but I couldn't find it anywhere. I've sent an email, now just a waiting game I suppose.
  • DJSheridan
    DJSheridan Registered Users Posts: 128
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    You might be waiting a long time like I was.
    I did manage to get hold of someone via online chat and they did help me out some months ago.

The fact that there is nobody available to "talk" to anymore is a clear indication of how things are going. Shame really. If online chat is the only way forward for Tom Tom then they need to get their act together and get more people on the chat as they have issue after issue recently... and they are only increasing now.

They seriously need to think about their customer base and after-sales service and support more than what they do now and what they offer now. The Pandemic is over so they need to get back to normality.