TomTom Go Supreme 5" Battery failure

Lesm49
Lesm49 Registered Users Posts: 1
New Seeker
edited April 28 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
[email protected]

On 6th February 2021, I purchased a TomTom Go Supreme 5” GPS Unit (Serial Number ZNxxxxxxxx79 1PN5.106.01), from Harvey Norman’s store at Browns Plains Queensland, Australia, 4118. I have enjoyed this unit since that date and found it to be extremely accurate and very user friendly.

On 18th April 2022, I was using this unit to locate an address, when halfway to my destination, the unit went blank. I attempted to get the unit operating, however it refused to turn on again.

On return to my home address, I connected the unit to a suitable 240v power outlet and eventually the unit reset itself for a very short period of time. In this time, I saw that the unit indicated that the battery was totally drained of any power. It then turned itself off again and to date, will not turn on, even though I have attempted to charge it.

It does not seem correct nor fair to the consumer (myself), that as the unit is only two months over its warranty period, the battery should be totally inoperative.

I checked the warranty document for the unit and discovered that the warranty in Australia is for a twelve month (1 year) period. However, in the Southeast Asian area and elsewhere, the warranty period is for twenty-four months (2 years). This in itself appears to be very discriminatory.

I would very much appreciate it, if your company could see its way to assisting me to get this unit repaired (under general warranty provisions) or replaced.

I remain,

Yours sincerely,

L.J Melville J.P (Qual.)

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks.

Answers