No alternate route proposition for learnt routes

Marek_MkZ
Marek_MkZ Registered Users Posts: 83
Supreme Trailblazer
Lately (possibly from version 3.4?) I've observed that for daily routes (home-work, work-home etc.) apk 'learns' commonly taken routes (even if they weren't earlier proposed/calculated) and propose them as one of alternative routes - and that is great (as an example - commonly I'm taking slightly different route at the end of trip from home to my kid school through very local streets /never calculated that way/ and now it appears as one of alternatives - which now of course I choose). But what is very wrong - if I choose such let's say favorite route then propositions of faster route due to traffic incidents never shows up (it seems that such favorite route is treated as a trace - and it shouldn't). Lately I was driving home-work trip (favorite route was also the fastest this time) and during navigation traffic showed very huge delay (over 20 min) - there was no faster route proposition although such route was possible - forced route recalculation (find other route) showed route 20 min faster. I've observed such situation several times but in previous cases difference between favorite route and faster one (calculated during navigation with 'find other route' option) was around 5 - 10 min and I thought that this is not enough to get proposition (but when I'm driving on route which is not 'favorite' I'm obtaining such faster route propositions even for less than 5 min differences - and that is very OK). IMHO faster route propositions should appear whenever possible despite of chosen route.

Comments

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,411
    Exalted Pioneer
    you can send route examples to customer support
  • Marek_MkZ
    Marek_MkZ Registered Users Posts: 83
    Supreme Trailblazer
    you can send route examples to customer support

That is not relevant - initial route calculation is very OK so it is not the problem of route calculation itself. It is the problem that apk doesn't show faster alternatives propositions on route bar and map during navigation in case of traffic incidents (despite they are possible and if forced - apk can properly calculate such alternative so still routing is OK) for routes treated as favor ones.