Login to MyDrive from foreign country

GuMaHu
GuMaHu Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Seeker
Hello,
I have a german subscription to GO Navigation and use MyDrive for route planning as a registered german user. When I was in Italy this month I could not login to MyDrive (what in Germany works easily), since each time I tried to login I was routed to the italian login page, which did not accept my login. This completely limits route planning to the GO Navigation App via smartphone, when being abroad. This is by far inferior to route planning on a pc. Is there a solution to this problem?

Comments

• Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 410
    Supreme Pioneer
    On my version of MyDrive here in the UK there is a "flag" for each country to the right of the Logout Button.

I assume you should be able to select the Deutschland country Flag and then log in. :)
  • GuMaHu
    Apprentice Seeker
    Your observation is true for login to the TomTom-Webpage (at least in UK, where I just checked it). However with the MyDrive-Login-page in Italy it was unfortunately different (no such option). Maybe a matter of html-code of the different national login-pages? At least it is clear there exists a technical solution if TomTom would care for the problem.
  • Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 410
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited April 29
    @GuMaHu

That is peculiar .... you would have thought the html-coding would be applied consistently worldwide?

Until such time as Tomtom fixes it permanently: @VikramK @lampard @Jurgen. Can you assist here please and report to the relevant team.

You could change the country code yourself in the top line of your browser or set up a "bookmark / favourite" to always point to: https://mydrive.tomtom.com/de_de
  • GuMaHu
    Apprentice Seeker
    @Lost_Soul
    Indeed I changed the url-adress to the german site, however each time I tried to login I was automatically redirected to the italian login page, which did not recognise me resp. accept my login (since I am not a registered user in italy). I had no chance to login to my german account. I attributed it to the TomTom license policy.
    Some years ago I encountered a similar problem when I was trying to download an ebook from a german online book store during a stay in italy. It was prevented due to the different price policies in different EU countries (at that time). But obviously there are not a lot of people that are bothered by such problems, since I could not find a related problem discussion in this forum.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,343
    Revered Voyager
    @GuMaHu

Just an idea have you tried deleting your cookies?