EricT84 Registered Users Posts: 3
Novice Seeker
As above, live traffic has stopped working on my device

Comments

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,833
    Superuser
    Hi @EricT84

Look back here later to see what @VikramK has to say after he has reviewed your units settings on the TT servers.

Doug
  • EricT84
    Novice Seeker
    Cheers mate, just says “service unavailable”
    He does seem to be the man for the job
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,758
    Hi @EricT84

Welcome to the community!

Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message by clicking on this link-https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/messages/add/VikramK, please ?

Thanks, Vikram.
  • Gregz1603
    Gregz1603 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    I’ve got the same problem. Mine went down this morning and hasn’t come back on
  • EricT84
    Novice Seeker
    @VikramK message sent
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,833
    Superuser
    Hi @Gregz1603

Look back here tomorrow to see what @VikramK has to say.

Doug
  • Gazzzzzzzzz
    Gazzzzzzzzz Registered Users Posts: 3
    New Seeker
    Mine
  • Gazzzzzzzzz
    Gazzzzzzzzz Registered Users Posts: 3
    New Seeker
    Mine stopped working two days ago as well
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,800
    Superuser
    edited April 28
    Hi
    @Gazzzzzzzzz
    Welcome to the site....
    Re... The NAV4 & later Wi-Fi Connected GO Professional range of devices with Buit-in GPRS SIM....
    Note... Australia & Switzerland have ended the 2G phone services so no GPRS SIM signal....

Tomtom video shows what you can do when the Traffic services are not working on your navigation device....

Be aware that a Live Device... The SIM card is automatically deactivated if the Live Traffic on the device has NOT been used for 18 months....
    Tomtom sends emails to the affected users and give 28 days' notice before deactivating the SIM card... in the above circumstance the deactivated SIM cannot be reactivated....

GPRS SIM connection on the Tomtom Live devices....
    There are 3 Data connection options that can have a higher/priority/override the Built-in GPRS SIM....
    On the later Wi-Fi Connected devices there are three data connections i.e... Wi-Fi, USB & Bluetooth
    On the earlier NAV4 devices like the GO 5100 there are only two i.e... USB & Bluetooth
    (Opps Sorry Edit)...
    On the earlier NAV4 devices like the GO 5100 a USB Connection + MyDrive Connect running on the PC will override the GPRS SIM....

To check the Data Connection status....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About…
    Scroll down to Data Connection & GPRS Status....
    What does the device report???
    Is the GPRS Status... Connected ???

Further Info...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1752190/#Comment_1752190

Maybe worth consideration if the device is out of guarantee....
    I think the contacts of the SIM or the SIM socket oxidize/tarnish over time, removing and replacing the SIM a few times remakes the connection....

The SIM cards for the Live NAV3, NAV4 & NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices are located under concealed flaps and/or stickers in various location on the devices....
    The Tomtom GO 5/6xxx Range of models Car, Camper and Truck are a >> NAV4 <<< devices, there is no need to disassemble the device....
    If you hold your GO 5/6xxx Upside-down i.e.... the connections at the top and with the screen facing away from you, the SIM is under the CE sticker to the left of the Micro USB port....

7noudtt1912s.jpg
    With the device turned OFF...
    Carefully remove the sticker... It's advisable to use Antistatic precautions when handling the SIM... You will need a pair of strong but fine pointed tweezers to remove the SIM
    If you pull out the SIM a little way, and reinsert it, repeat this a few times, it should now remake a good connection
    Note: On the GO 5/6xxx when reinserting the SIM, have the contacts facing away from the screen (Note... This may differ on other models)
    I used double-sided sticky tape to replace the CE sticker

The above will void your Tomtom guarantee....
    All the usual disclaimers apply, all the above is at your own discretion....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Romondo42
    Romondo42 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Master Explorer
    Same issue here - I hadn't used my device (Trucker 6000 with built-in SIM, no Wi-Fi, no Bluetooth) for a few days. Set off this morning, Live Traffic service "not available". Remained like that for the entire four hours that I was on the road. Tried a couple of normal Reboots as that usually seems to fix this kind of issue - Not today though. GPRS was shown as "connected" so that's not the problem.
  • AndrewNR
    AndrewNR Registered Users Posts: 3
    New Seeker
    GO 6200 - constant message for over a week stating TomTom services are temporarily unavailable.
    Map GPS directions appear to be working, but in the 'about' section, although traffic is showing as activated, GPRS status is showing as disconnected.
  • AndrewNR
    New Seeker
    GPRS Model 16.01.202
  • AndrewNR
    New Seeker
    tried following advice video, but no Tomtom services button on main menu.
    GPRS status is still showing 'disconnected' - how do I change this?
  • DJSheridan
    DJSheridan Registered Users Posts: 128
    Sovereign Trailblazer
    Also has happened to mine since yesterday. Also my device had logged me off my account too -only found out when i got to Carlisle yesterday. So I re-logged in and all was well... but then this morning when I travelled back all was off again - but I was still logged in - it was the Traffic that was not working.
    Over the past year or so Tom Tom have had issues after issue but nobody seems able to sort things out.

And yes, before anyone posts a comment in response, I have checked Wi-fi... GPS... even done soft reset. Still off now.
  • ARM_2808
    ARM_2808 Canterbury Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Seeker
    Have the Go Discover amd also shows cannot connect to Tomtom services so getting no traffic updates