Go 520 Ignores Route planning settings

N3RDV
N3RDV USARegistered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited April 26 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
My last trip had me go on a toll road when my route planning settings are to avoid toll roads.
I went to "current route", "find alternative" and selected the 2nd option out of the three. Ten minutes later I'm going through a toll booth. Shouldn't my "find alternative" selection follow my route planning settings? If not at least it should prompt to ask to accept the toll road route - not just take me there blindly? Is this common or is it just me? I need a solution so any alternative route follows the route planning settings.

Comments

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,411
    Exalted Pioneer
    there should be an toll alert
    check if volume is audible or factory reset
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,794
    Superuser
    Hi
    @N3RDV
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Route Planning....
    Scroll own to 'Avoid on every route'
    Turn On the 'Toll Roads,Switch
    Tap ( ^ ) Icon screen top right to exit...
    Or
    To Avoid Tolls... On a Route by Route basis
    Plan & Calculate your Route -->
    Tap 4Dot (....) Menu --> 'Current Route' -->Avoid Route Type' --> Select
    Turn On the 'Toll Roads,Switch
    Tap ( ^ ) Icon screen top right to exit...

The Tomtom NAV4 & (Wi-Fi) Connected Device like your GO 520, already gives a 'Yellow Splash Screen' warning with a ' X ' to cancel the Toll road use... The Splash Screen Warning displays at the top of the screen when the route is calculating... but you'll be forgiven for missing it... It only stays on the screen for a Nano Second :o barely enough time to read it never mind react.....

ATB YFM
  • N3RDV
    Apprentice Traveler
    I already have it setup as described in your first option. Problem still exists when I select alternative route and picked the 2nd route - it ignores the "avoid toll roads" on every route.
  • N3RDV
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hmmm - since there are no more replies I'm guessing there isn't a fix!?