Go 520 Ignores Route planning settings

N3RDV
N3RDV USARegistered Users Posts: 4
Neophyte Traveler
edited April 26 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
My last trip had me go on a toll road when my route planning settings are to avoid toll roads.
I went to "current route", "find alternative" and selected the 2nd option out of the three. Ten minutes later I'm going through a toll booth. Shouldn't my "find alternative" selection follow my route planning settings? If not at least it should prompt to ask to accept the toll road route - not just take me there blindly? Is this common or is it just me? I need a solution so any alternative route follows the route planning settings.

Comments

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,543
    Revered Voyager
    there should be an toll alert
    check if volume is audible or factory reset
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,480
     Superuser
    edited May 21
    Hi
    @N3RDV
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Route Planning....
    Scroll own to 'Avoid on every route'
    Turn On the 'Toll Roads, Switch
    Tap ( ^ ) Icon screen top right to exit...
    Or
    To Avoid Tolls... On a Route by Route basis
    Plan & Calculate your Route -->
    Tap 4Dot (....) Menu --> 'Current Route' -->Avoid Route Type' --> Select
    Turn On the 'Toll Roads, Switch
    Tap ( ^ ) Icon screen top right to exit...

The Tomtom NAV4 & (Wi-Fi) Connected Device like your GO 520....
    Already gives 2 warnings, the 2nd with a ' X ' to cancel the Toll Road use...
    The Warning displays at the top of the screen while the route is calculating...
    mffi75nxs8ge.jpg
    After the route has calculated, a 2nd warning with a cancel option
    But you'll be forgiven for missing it... It stays on the screen for barely a Second :/
    Hardly enough time to read it never mind react....

lho1e9yjq41g.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • N3RDV
    Neophyte Traveler
    I already have it setup as described in your first option. Problem still exists when I select alternative route and picked the 2nd route - it ignores the "avoid toll roads" on every route.
  • N3RDV
    Neophyte Traveler
    Hmmm - since there are no more replies I'm guessing there isn't a fix!?
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,480
     Superuser
    edited May 21
    Hi
    @N3RDV
    N3RDV wrote: »
    My last trip had me go on a toll road when my route planning settings are to avoid toll roads.
    I went to "current route", "find alternative" and selected the 2nd option out of the three. Ten minutes later I'm going through a toll booth. Shouldn't my "find alternative" selection follow my route planning settings? If not at least it should prompt to ask to accept the toll road route - not just take me there blindly? Is this common or is it just me? I need a solution so any alternative route follows the route planning settings.
    I've edited my original post above with 2 images showing the Splash Screen banner' warnings...

(1)... Planned a route to a known Toll Road... M6 Toll UK
    When the route was calculating
    The GO Premium displayed the 1st image with a warning as in the above post
    The GO Premium then displayed the 2nd image as in the above post with an option to cancel
    (2)... Tapped 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Current Route --> Find Alternative... The Device planned the 2 alternate routes....
    I selected one of the alternate routes...
    The device calculated the route and displayed the 1st image with a warning as in the above post
    "No Route possible that avoids these: tolls roads"....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • N3RDV
    Neophyte Traveler
    Hi - I've seen those "toll" messages appear before. Since my attention is on the display waiting to see what alternative routes it comes up I never see either of the warning you edited into your reply.