Canada and Alaska vs. Canada and USA Map Comparison

b67driver
b67driver Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
Howdy! I'm thinking that a smaller map will make searching quicker. My question, therefore, is: because the Canada and Alaska map is dramatically smaller than the Canada and USA map, are there significant shortcomings in the level of detail for Canada between the two? I will remain within Canada for the foreseeable future so do not currently need the US map. Thank you! I have tried searching both here and on the interweb to no avail. I appreciate your time and input.
Mark

Best Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,740
    Answer ✓
    Hi @b67driver
    Welcome to the community!
    Both maps should have the same map coverage.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • b67driver
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thank you Vikram. Would it make sense that if I use the smaller Canada/Alaska map to free up memory performance of the unit will be quicker? Does it really matter since the memory is chips not a drive? Cheers, Mark
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,830
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @b67driver

The TT units use approximately 400mb of the internal memory for operating purposes so provided you have that much and more free memory Internally then performance should be unaffected.

Doug
  • b67driver
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Doug!👍

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,740
    Answer ✓
    Hi @b67driver
    Welcome to the community!
    Both maps should have the same map coverage.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • b67driver
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thank you Vikram. Would it make sense that if I use the smaller Canada/Alaska map to free up memory performance of the unit will be quicker? Does it really matter since the memory is chips not a drive? Cheers, Mark
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,830
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @b67driver

The TT units use approximately 400mb of the internal memory for operating purposes so provided you have that much and more free memory Internally then performance should be unaffected.

Doug
  • b67driver
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Doug!👍