I have just purchased a GO620 in Australia and it only has EUROPE maps

nthom
nthom Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
edited April 24 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
How do I install maps for Australia, they do not come up in MyDrive Connect?

Thank you

Best Answer

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,348
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    It is from your GPS that you must select the maps to add to your GPS if no map.
    Come back on Monday, moderator @VikramK will review your account and assign you the service.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,348
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    It is from your GPS that you must select the maps to add to your GPS if no map.
    Come back on Monday, moderator @VikramK will review your account and assign you the service.
  • nthom
    nthom Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Thank you, I cannot access the map on the GPS so I will need to check in again Monday and request that my access be looked at.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,830
    Superuser
    edited April 25
    Hi @nthom

You do NOT have to connect your GO620 to your PC if you want to download maps.

To download maps you connect the GO620 to your Wifi then go to Maps in Settings and select Add and you should get a list of all the World Maps you can select from. If no maps are listed then @VikramK can resolve that for you tomorrow.

Where did you purchase the unit as if it is new then it having the Europe map on it means it was produced for sale in Europe. If it is your intention to only have Australia on your unit then ensure you have at least 2 maps on the unit even if the second map is very small like Venezuela or Iraq as this helps you avoid the No Maps Found scenario if there is an issue during the updating of your main map.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,740
    Hi @nthom

Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, just do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram