GO 620 Country problems

Fawaz_Tayba
Fawaz_Tayba Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited April 24 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hey, I've purchased the GO 620 in Australia but it only allows me to connect to Europe countries. I've tried resetting it and nothing changed, please help.

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,404
    Revered Voyager
    No traffic coverage in Australia.

Detailed Traffic Coverage
    Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City, Canada, Mexico, United States, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Argentina, Peru, Uruguay, Mozambique, Egyp, Keny, Lesoth, Morocc, Nigeri, South Afric, Brunei, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam , Bahrain, India, Israel, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Australia, New Zealand

Speed Camera Coverage
    Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, The Netherlands, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,815
    Superuser
    edited April 24
    Hi
    @Fawaz_Tayba
    Welcome to the site....
    The devices are usually supplied with the Maps pre-installed for sales area of country where the device is purchased....
    Mabe, you purchased/received a European device ???
    You will need to install the Australia Maps...
    On the GO 620... (Wi-Fi Connected)
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps --> Add a Map -->
    Scroll down to Asia Pacific... Tap Australia... Download....
    Note... If you find the OZ Map already installed, but not selected as the active Map... Simply use the 'Choose another map' option....

The (Wi-Fi) connected devices normally update using Wi-Fi....
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    See Option (2) Connect over USB... In the link below....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1739744/#Comment_1739744

There's also a workaround for updating a Tomtom Wi-Fi device over USB (Using the MyDrive Connect Menu Structure)
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1133834/updating-a-tomtom-wi-fi-device-over-usb-using-the-mydrive-connect-menu-structure

Stay Safe ATB YFM
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,847
    Superuser
    edited April 25
    Hi @Willy875

Australia and NewZealand are the last 2countries on the Traffic Coverage list you posted as Traffic data is provided there.

@Fawaz_Tayba

If when you go to Menu/Settings/Maps and Tap Add if you do not get a list of the World Maps to select from then advise us here and we can ask @VikramK to sort the issue out for you

Doug
  • Fawaz_Tayba
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hey, I've tried it all but I have been unsuccessful, the only maps I am able to download are all Europe located. I have also updated it to the latest software.
    I bought the Tom Tom on Amazon so I'm not exactly sure if that's the problem.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,404
    Revered Voyager
    @Fawaz_Tayba

Sorry I hadn't seen Australia at the end of the list.
    Come back tomorrow, moderator @VikramK will review your account and assign you the service.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,781
    Hi @Fawaz_Tayba

Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, just do a soft reset and try adding maps?

Regards, Vikram
  • Fawaz_Tayba
    Apprentice Traveler
    Thank you very much @VikramK, worked perfectly 👍