TT freezing on Android Auto

marmite2
marmite2 Registered Users Posts: 17
Master Explorer
Not sure if this is a head unit issue or TT AA, but TomTom AA can work for hours, but then randomly freeze. Unplugging USB and reinserting and all starts working again. TT if open on handset works fine.

Head unit is on latest software and nothing really I can tweak there.

Any thoughts welcome - not sure where the fault may lie!

(Voices not used, TT is in alert only)

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,954
    Hi @marmite2!

Not much to advise here but I have a few questions:
    • Does the whole Head Unit freeze? Can you access other Android Auto apps?
    • Does the whole Go Navigation on Android Auto freeze? It's not possible to click menu elements on the head unit? If there is any error message, please let us know.
    • Have you seen this behavior when you keep the app open on your phone?

Best, lampard
  • marmite2
    Master Explorer
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @marmite2!

Not much to advise here but I have a few questions:
    • Does the whole Head Unit freeze? Can you access other Android Auto apps?
    • Does the whole Go Navigation on Android Auto freeze? It's not possible to click menu elements on the head unit? If there is any error message, please let us know.
    • Have you seen this behavior when you keep the app open on your phone?

Best, lampard
    I'll check and get back to you - may be a week or so.
  • marmite2
    Master Explorer
    Sorry for delay, I wanted to test and get accurate information

When TT/AA freezes, the entire AA freezes - so no AA functions like music etc wok.
    Even rebooting phone when connected the same TT screen remains on AA. Only thing that resets is unplug/plug in

Only happens with TT AA running. Happens a lot more when in cities or low GPS signal areas. Seems to coincidental to be ruled out, so I would suggest this was linked?

TT on mobile continues to work

The same issues happen when TT is running on the phone.

Running latest beta (with routebar) and this has happened with that (in a city). A 2hr country drive today and it was fine.

I'd say 95% of "freezes" have been city or mountainous hair-pin bends overgrown with trees. Virtually 0% dropout on clear motorways etc.

*speculating* as I have no idea how the technology works, but is it possible if the head unit/vehicle GPS has a poor/odd/corrupt signal that causes TTAA to crash? (I am assuming TTAA uses vehicle GPS receiver?). If so, is it possible to override to use mobile phone GPS signal only?