TomTom Beta bug/issue - truck profile and speed limits not showing

marmite2
marmite2 Registered Users Posts: 20
Master Explorer
Hi.
I know its beta, but don't know where else to report.
Firstly, great functionality for truck - a drive today correctly flagged width and height restrictions. Great improvements.

Issue 1: I use both "van" and car. (Van 2.7m tall, 2.3m wide). I switch between vehicles. It would be nice to have an option to "ask vehicle type each time" - otherwise I have to go into settings and change/check vehicle type each time

Issue 2: I always have "display speed limit" and "warn when speeding" displayed. In car profile, fine, in "truck", the speed limit is only shown infrequently and overspeed warnings not sounded. This renders the entire "truck" profile unusable. I accept there may be differences between truck and car speed limits, but a "default to car limit" would be better than nothing. In a 20/30/40/50 limit "trucks" have the same limit

(Also in "my" usage, my van is a motorcaravan and car do car speed limits, not "commercial van". So having the speed limits as car is perfect)

All maps/apps on latest on 23 April

See images, first one showing the screen under car profile, second showing under truck profile. The latter showing no speed limit and hence no overspeed warning. This is in "route preview" mode for ease of screen capture, but is the same when driving.

x6nnvekkvqyg.jpg
to8ygvbypec5.jpg

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,966
    edited April 25
    Hi @marmite2

Thanks for your feedback! You always post your observations/reports here and we'll pick them up.
    marmite2 wrote: »
    Issue 1: I use both "van" and car. (Van 2.7m tall, 2.3m wide). I switch between vehicles. It would be nice to have an option to "ask vehicle type each time" - otherwise, I have to go into settings and change/check vehicle type each time
    I think the team is working on similar feedback where drivers can confirm vehicle settings when starting route guidance (but for Trucks and Bus profiles only), I'll mark it as an improvement request.

marmite2 wrote: »
    I always have "display speed limit" and "warn when speeding" displayed. In car profile, fine, in "truck", the speed limit is only shown infrequently and overspeed warnings not sounded. This renders the entire "truck" profile unusable. I accept there may be differences between truck and car speed limits, but a "default to car limit" would be better than nothing. In a 20/30/40/50 limit "trucks" have the same limit
    I'll check this with my team and get back to you.

Best, lampard