Anyone else having problems connecting GO Discover 7" Bluetooth to phone?

traveler4696
traveler4696 Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
edited April 22 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I have owned many Tomtom GPS and have never had problem connecting Bluetooth to phone. In fact I still have the Go 600 and start 60 and have no problems connection Bluetooth to phone. I actually sent back the Go discover back to Amazon because I thought it was defective. Purchased another one from Bestbuy and had the same problem. The phone and Go discovers 7" see each other but when I hit PAIR I get the message on the Go discover " Unable to connect Bluetooth Tethering" The Go discover will connect using Mobile Hotspot.

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,726
    Hi @traveler4696
    Welcome to the community!
    Have you updated the software on the GO Discover by connecting it to a WiFi® internet?

What phone model are you using?
    Firmware/OS version?

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • traveler4696
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you for your reply. Yes thats first thing I did was to update it. The phone I have is the LG V60 ThinQ 5G. I also tried it on an old phone LG V40 and my laptop. All gave me the same message on the GPS. TOMTOM application version is 22.101.0006. The phone is an android . Version 11 software version V600TM20n.

TXS

AL
  • traveler4696
    Apprentice Seeker
    Still waiting for someone to answer . Got one reply from VikramK. Answered their question but still waiting for a response
  • traveler4696
    Apprentice Seeker
    TXS for answering. I have done Factory reset several times. I have followed the instructions for connecting GPS to phone. Pairing on both phone and GPS show up. I make sure pairing number is the same on both devices . I hit pair but the GPS gives me a message " Unable to connect Bluetooth Tethering". I can see the GPS on my phone Bluetooth list and likewise I see my phone on the GPS Bluetooth list. The only way I can connect GPS to phone is by using the Phone mobile Hotspot. Can someone give me a way to connect to tomtom customer service?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,343
    Revered Voyager
    How to contact TomTom customer support by chat or email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

How to contact TomTom customer support by email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560

Si les liens vous renvoient vers la page d'accueil, supprimez vos cookies.
  • traveler4696
    Apprentice Seeker
    well according to Tomtom chat help "I would like to inform you that the device connects with the smartphone only through Hotspot."

(08:35:00 PM) Avinash S: I would like to inform you that the device connects with the smartphone only through Hotspot.

(08:40:12 PM) Travel4696: is this something new because I have always connected thru Bluetooth on other tomtom GPS with the same phone
    (08:40:34 PM) Travel4696: I also have the Go 600
    (08:40:46 PM) Travel4696: which connects with bluetooth
    (08:41:04 PM) Avinash S: Yes, it has new technology.

OK I guess I have my answer. But what about those people who dont have mobile hotspot.