I purchased a World map (2 times) for my discover Go 6. I cannot download it and install it.

Peter123456
Peter123456 Registered Users Posts: 5
New Seeker
I does not work at all. I cannot find the map in My Drive connect. There is no 'mijn inhoud' tab. The link to download in the mail says 'We cannot direct you to the requested web page at this time. Please try again.'. I cannot see it in the TomTom itself either. I need it friday for my visit to USA. What can I do?
I first thougt I bought the wrong map, so I purchased it again. My serial number starts with ZV10.
Who can help??

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    edited April 21 Answer ✓
    I only see 'Europa' when I click on 'Gedownloade kaarten' (under 'kaart en weergave') and no option for World. How can I find the USA map?

The device by default comes with the Europe map preinstalled, to download the rest of the countries you need to add/download them.

Do not connect the device to a computer using a USB cable.
    Just connect it to a strong Wifi internet network.

Go to Main menu- Settings > Maps and Display >Downloaded maps >

On the right side bottom of the screen you will see a blue highlighted button- 'Add'.

The next screen will list all the countries that are available for download.

Select the country and tap on 'Download'

Regards,
    Vikram.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,449
    Revered Voyager
    edited April 20
    Go Discover 6 comes with world maps you don't have to buy a map

maps on Discover are only downloaded via wi-fi you must not connect your Go to Mydrive connect but connect it to a mains charger.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360018204260-Découvrez-GO-Discover
  • Peter123456
    New Seeker
    The link does not work.
  • Peter123456
    New Seeker
    I only see 'Europa' when I click on 'Gedownloade kaarten' (under 'kaart en weergave') and no option for World. How can I find the USA map?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,865
    Superuser
    edited April 21
    Hi @peter123456

Look back here later to see what @VikramK or @lampard have to say re your missing maps after they have checked the units settings on the TT servers.

Also do not connect the unit to a PC for the Maps but just have it connected to your Wifi and use the units menu system to manage downloads.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    edited April 21 Answer ✓

The device by default comes with the Europe map preinstalled, to download the rest of the countries you need to add/download them.

Do not connect the device to a computer using a USB cable.
    Just connect it to a strong Wifi internet network.

Go to Main menu- Settings > Maps and Display >Downloaded maps >

On the right side bottom of the screen you will see a blue highlighted button- 'Add'.

The next screen will list all the countries that are available for download.

Select the country and tap on 'Download'

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Peter123456
    New Seeker
    Thanks for this tip!! It worked. I now have to figure out how to get a refund for the maps I bought.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,449
    Revered Voyager
    edited April 21
    @Peter123456 .

You must contact customer service to request the refund.

How to contact TomTom customer support by chat or email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

How to contact TomTom customer support by email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560