Q: I can remove Charging Stations from *one* of my RIDER 550s; the *other* one won't, so... HELP!!!

Johnny-in-Ottawa
Johnny-in-Ottawa Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
SUMMARY
  • Both of my RIDER 550s are model [4GF41]
  • On one RIDER, I was able to remove the Charging Stations thing and on the other one, it just won't delete it <sigh>
  • I've done the same thing to both RIDERS and they're both the same and it worked in two or three tries on one of them but not the other and I do not know why
  • Please help.

WHAT I'VE DONE
  1. I had done the remove content from device procedure more than a few times until **finally** the Remove Content From Device screen shows that that screen doesn't have it anymore as a choice to be removed, good enough so far
  2. I go back to the device and disconnect and shut down; figners crossed, lol
  3. I plug the RIDER back into my computer, check the app, and start the RIDER up and wait for both the app and the RIDER to connect
  4. When the RIDER asks me the message about the Charging Station and it give me a choice of two buttons to use, so I choose the ***[No Thanks]*** button and wait
  5. Nope, it's still there and it's been about an hour now on this RIDER and the darn Settings still says that it wants to update Charging Stations.

REQUEST
Can the TomTom Help Desk guru write out their always-gonna-work procedure for me, please?

Kindest Regards,
Johnny . ... .. ..-=o&o>____

Best Answer

• ST1300_PanEuropean
    ST1300_PanEuropean Registered Users Posts: 82
    Revered Navigator
    Answer ✓
    Johnny:

The simplest thing to do is to just leave the darn charging stations in there and ignore them. This is because you will get prompts in the future to install updates to the list of charging stations - its difficult to dismiss these prompts, they are persistent. So just leave the charging stations in, and update them when asked to (usually this is along with other updates) and simply ignore the data.

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,726
    @Johnny-in-Ottawa
    Hi Johnny
    Does it work if you do a factory reset and then follow the same process using the 'Remove content' tab?

Regards, Vikram.
  • ST1300_PanEuropean
    Revered Navigator
    Answer ✓
    Johnny:

The simplest thing to do is to just leave the darn charging stations in there and ignore them. This is because you will get prompts in the future to install updates to the list of charging stations - its difficult to dismiss these prompts, they are persistent. So just leave the charging stations in, and update them when asked to (usually this is along with other updates) and simply ignore the data.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,792
    Superuser
    edited April 24
    Hi
    @Johnny-in-Ottawa
    Are both RIDER 550 devices registered to the same Tomtom A/C or does each device have its own A/C ???

To stop the 'Charging Station' POI being pointlessly displayed and cluttering the Map screen....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Show POI Lists on the Map....
    Scroll down to 'Charging Station' Tap Hide
    Tap the Blue ( ^ ) Icon... Screen top right to exit....

ATB YFM

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Johnny-in-Ottawa
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hey YamFazMan,

Both 550s are registered on the same account

On >>Show POI ..., that 'Charging Station' option **isn't** on the list but I do have Tonnes(!) of Austrian/German/Swiss POIs that I'd already hidden, lol and I was kinda-sorta hoping that that 'Charging Station' option was there <sigh>

Keep On truckin' . ... .. ..-=o&o>_______
    Johnny
  • Johnny-in-Ottawa
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hey VikramK,

I've tried that factory-reset route **several** times to no avail <dang!> because it did work once on one of the 550s but it isn't persistent and the next update **throws** that unwanted Charging-Stations update back into the mix

I'm thinking that I'll just shrug and do what ST1300_PanEuropean suggested and that's put up with it although the managers of TomTom's code writers should attempt to fix it and slip it into an update, if you know what I'm suggesting :smile:

Thanks for trying, sir . ... .. ..-=o&o>______
    Johnny
  • Johnny-in-Ottawa
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hey ST1300_PanEuropean,

I'm going to shrug and do what you suggested and sigh and ignore the unwanted code being thrust upon my devices

. ... .. ..-=o&o>______
    Johnny
  • Johnny-in-Ottawa
    Apprentice Seeker
    I appreciate everyone's answers

Kind Regards folks,
    Johnny . ... .. ..-=o&o>________
  • ST1300_PanEuropean
    Revered Navigator
    Johnny:

It is possible to hide the symbols for the charging stations - in other words, to not have charging station icons appear on your map. I did this with my 550 about 2 weeks ago when I arrived in Europe.

I don't have the device with me at the moment, so I can't give you exact instructions, but "for sure" there is a toggle switch control somewhere in the settings that allows you to turn off the display of charging stations.

Once you have done that, you can continue to accept the updates of charging station locations (as I suggested in my post of April 24), you accept these updates so that you are not bugged by a notification that there is an update available. Accepting them does not turn the display of charging stations back on again.

Michael
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,792
    Superuser
    edited May 15
    Hi
    @Johnny-in-Ottawa
    Deleting the EV-Charging Stations (And if required the Motorcycle) POI files....
    Using the MyDrive Connect option... 'Remove Content'
    kp9r52w8yv0e.jpg
    Also... To stop the 'Charging Station' POI being pointlessly displayed and cluttering the Map screen....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Appearance --> Show POI Lists on the Map....
    Scroll down to 'Charging Station' (And if they are not required Motorcycle POI files) --> Tap Hide
    Tap the Blue ( ^ ) Icon... Screen top right to exit....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM