Go Expert 7

Pagey
Pagey Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
I am looking for a little help with my new Tomtom Expert 7. It is a great device but one that I have had a few issues with recently. I hook it up to my wifi at least once a week for updates. It is showing the application no: 22.101.0006. Installed maps its showing as "WORLD." No version number is listed here.

I updated the device last week and I noticed that on some dual carriageways it is showing a 70 mph speed limit for truck. This is a bit of nightmare on an average speed limit road as the tomtom is beeping constantly and showing two different speed limits with a spinning wheel, A90 and A85 being examples. One speed limit could show on the bottom of the screen and another at the side with the average speed limit being different again.

Also, would it be better to delete the maps I don't need as I don't have any plans to drive a truck world wide. Would this speed up updates if I kept only UK and Ireland on there? If I needed world maps on again I could just reset the device?

Best Answer

  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,758
    Moderator
    edited April 19 Answer ✓
    Hi @Pagey
    Pagey wrote: »
    I am looking for a little help with my new Tomtom Expert 7. It is a great device but one that I have had a few issues with recently. I hook it up to my wifi at least once a week for updates. It is showing the application no: 22.101.0006. Installed maps its showing as "WORLD." No version number is listed here.

    The GO Expert runs on NDS maps, the updates for these work differently compared to the quarterly maps. New weekly updates are applied every week, and there is a major update every month. The maps don't have version numbers.

    Pagey wrote: »

    I updated the device last week and I noticed that on some dual carriageways it is showing a 70 mph speed limit for truck. This is a bit of nightmare on an average speed limit road as the tomtom is beeping constantly and showing two different speed limits with a spinning wheel, A90 and A85 being examples. One speed limit could show on the bottom of the screen and another at the side with the average speed limit being different again.

    Does a soft reset solve the problem?


    Or, I would recommend doing a factory reset, as this sounds to be an application glitch.

    Pagey wrote: »
    Also, would it be better to delete the maps I don't need as I don't have any plans to drive a truck world wide. Would this speed up updates if I kept only UK and Ireland on there? If I needed world maps on again I could just reset the device?


    Yes, if you don't need additional maps, then please delete them. Best to only have maps for regions where you travel frequently.

    Regards,
    Vikram.

Answers

  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,758
    Moderator
    edited April 19 Answer ✓
    Hi @Pagey
    Pagey wrote: »
    I am looking for a little help with my new Tomtom Expert 7. It is a great device but one that I have had a few issues with recently. I hook it up to my wifi at least once a week for updates. It is showing the application no: 22.101.0006. Installed maps its showing as "WORLD." No version number is listed here.

    The GO Expert runs on NDS maps, the updates for these work differently compared to the quarterly maps. New weekly updates are applied every week, and there is a major update every month. The maps don't have version numbers.

    Pagey wrote: »

    I updated the device last week and I noticed that on some dual carriageways it is showing a 70 mph speed limit for truck. This is a bit of nightmare on an average speed limit road as the tomtom is beeping constantly and showing two different speed limits with a spinning wheel, A90 and A85 being examples. One speed limit could show on the bottom of the screen and another at the side with the average speed limit being different again.

    Does a soft reset solve the problem?


    Or, I would recommend doing a factory reset, as this sounds to be an application glitch.

    Pagey wrote: »
    Also, would it be better to delete the maps I don't need as I don't have any plans to drive a truck world wide. Would this speed up updates if I kept only UK and Ireland on there? If I needed world maps on again I could just reset the device?


    Yes, if you don't need additional maps, then please delete them. Best to only have maps for regions where you travel frequently.

    Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Pagey
    Pagey Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi there, thanks for the very detailed response. I tried a soft reset a few days ago and it didn't fix the problem, I should have mentioned that. I went through the tomtom system menu yesterday and done a factory reset that way. Hopefully that will solve the speed limit issue.

    I'll delete the unnecessary maps today from my device. It's great that I have them if required, but for the foreseeable future, I don't. So hopefully that will speed up the device/updates.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,800
    Superuser
    edited April 19
    Hi
    @Pagey
    Maybe Useful...
    Deleting all Maps using the Reset Maps Option (GO Discover & Go Expert only...)
    I have always had the full Western Europe Map installed on My GO Discover, but I got fed-up of manually installing the individual countries Maps using Wi-Fi....
    So I decided to 'Reset' (Remove) the Maps and only installed the UK Map....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1141167/deleting-all-maps-using-the-reset-maps-option-go-discover-go-expert-only

    Tip... Make Shure you have a good/stable/reliable Wi-Fi connection preferably 5Ghz....

    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Pagey
    Pagey Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks for the response. I didn’t see a reset maps option. Only reset (this appeared to be a reset device option only), I did that this morning due to the other issues I was experiencing.

    I went about what was suggested by choosing the delete option in maps and then ticking the maps I wanted to delete on the device and leave the ones I wanted to keep i.e. UK and Ireland. Your method might have been quicker if I found it but I got there in the end, thank you both for your help.