Cannot add any places to my places

HenriP
HenriP Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Seeker
Using Discover Go. I have about 50 favorites in MyPlaces. I cannot add anymore places. Is there a maximum? And why do I have to scroll in the navigation system to find a favorite. It would be much easier to have a search option, just as in my Volkswagen navigation system.

Best Answer

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,827
     Superuser
    edited April 18 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @HenriP
    HenriP wrote: »
    Using Discover Go. I have about 50 favorites in MyPlaces. I cannot add anymore places. Is there a maximum?
    I have just added some extra test MyPlaces via the MyDrive Web Route planner the total is now 61....
    The MyDrive Web Route planner... Here https://mydrive.tomtom.com/
    And why do I have to scroll in the navigation system to find a favorite. It would be much easier to have a search option
    On the GO Discover/GO Expert Tap on the 3 line 'Hamburger Icon' --> Tap 'Search'... Type the name of the required MyPlace (You usually only need the first 3 characters of the MyPlace)
    Any matching MyPlaces are listed alphabetically with an 'asterisk'/'star' as a precursor to indicate it's a MyPlace....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• HenriP
    Apprentice Seeker
    Update
    I tried to add places through the website mydrive.tomtom.com and the new places were not visible. I just checked my Samsung phone, MyDrive EU and the new places were visible. So there maybe bug in the online application.
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited April 18 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @HenriP
    Using Discover Go. I have about 50 favorites in MyPlaces. I cannot add anymore places. Is there a maximum?
    I have just added some extra test MyPlaces via the MyDrive Web Route planner the total is now 61....
    The MyDrive Web Route planner... Here https://mydrive.tomtom.com/
    And why do I have to scroll in the navigation system to find a favorite. It would be much easier to have a search option
    On the GO Discover/GO Expert Tap on the 3 line 'Hamburger Icon' --> Tap 'Search'... Type the name of the required MyPlace (You usually only need the first 3 characters of the MyPlace)
    Any matching MyPlaces are listed alphabetically with an 'asterisk'/'star' as a precursor to indicate it's a MyPlace....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • HenriP
    Apprentice Seeker
    Indeed, this works on the navigation system itself. But why does it not work on mydrive online or the Android mydrive app?
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    Hi
    Using the GO Discover/Expert...
    Add your Current location as a MyPlace... Pinch zoom the Map to Max (To improve the accuracy)
    Long Tap (+ 1 second) Tap on the Current location cursor....
    A Quick menu opens --> Tap On the 4Dot Icon --> Tap on Add to MyPlaces....
    Or
    Long Tap (+ 1 second) Tap anywhere on the Map....
    A Quick menu opens --> Tap On the 4Dot Icon --> Tap on Add to MyPlaces....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM