Cant find a way to update my maps, per my lifetime subscription

erictd
erictd Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
I have an older tomtom, an XXL, that came with LIFETIME map updates. I connect to computer and it comes up with my unit using Tomtom Home, and immediately says "no longer supported, would I like to delete?" Somewhere I read that the way maps are updated may have changed in february 2022. My installed map version is v1025. Am i up to date, or do I need to find another way to update my maps? Thanks for any help, Eric

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    edited April 18 Answer ✓
    Hi @erictd
    Welcome to the community!
    Your XXL comes with updates for the USA, Canada & Mexico maps. Although the device is not supported, you should still be able to update the maps.
    I connect to computer and it comes up with my unit using Tomtom Home, and immediately says "no longer supported, would I like to delete?"

Could you close/ignore the message and proceed with the update?
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013961259

-Vikram

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,870
    Superuser
    Hi @erictd

Look back here later to see what @VikramK or @lampard have to say after they have reviewed your units settings on the TT servers.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    edited April 18 Answer ✓
    Hi @erictd
    Welcome to the community!
    Your XXL comes with updates for the USA, Canada & Mexico maps. Although the device is not supported, you should still be able to update the maps.
    I connect to computer and it comes up with my unit using Tomtom Home, and immediately says "no longer supported, would I like to delete?"

Could you close/ignore the message and proceed with the update?
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013961259

-Vikram
  • erictd
    erictd Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Thanks. You told me to persevere so I did. Had to reinstall tomtom home. Then it let me proceed. It was a little confusing about first deleting the existing database maps to allow new ones to upload

Tnx for ur help. Eric