Speed trap camera

MarcoDE
MarcoDE Registered Users Posts: 9
Apprentice Seeker
Hi all,
I have a question in regards to the speed trap camera service of TomTom.
Some time ago I have bought a new TomTom Go Classic. Included was a 1 month update of cameras. Recently I realized that I am not being warned anymore when I approach a camera.
I guess that this is related to the end of my free 1 month. But with my previous Via 45 I did not have this issue. Even after the free time ended the cameras appeared still on my maps and the warnings were active. Only updates were not possible without a subscription. Did TomTom changed this service and I have to purchase a standing order? Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Best Answer

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,443
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi

The functionality of TomTom models has changed, speed camera services are linked to a subscription. When a speed camera subscription expires, the TomTom device stops issuing alerts.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,443
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi

The functionality of TomTom models has changed, speed camera services are linked to a subscription. When a speed camera subscription expires, the TomTom device stops issuing alerts.
  • MarcoDE
    MarcoDE Registered Users Posts: 9
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks April. It’s clear now. Then most probably I will make a subscription.