Why Does The Phone Display Keep "Refreshing"?

PeterPan99
PeterPan99 Registered Users Posts: 11
Legendary Explorer
TT GO App on Android (Samsung Galaxy A41(SM-A415F/DSN, Android V.11). For the last few weeks (so probably starting prior to the app Version 3.4.7 rollout, maybe since the previous update), the display on the phone keeps "refreshing" at variable intervals, sometimes more than once a minute, even when driving on a long, straight road (e.g 60 miles on a motorway), with no changes to navigation necessary. By "refreshing", I mean: Next Turn box disappears; current speed limit, current speed and current road name all disappear. The map view zooms in slightly, then zooms back to original setting and the missing displays re-appear. This is really distracting when driving and denies important information, whilst in progress. Why is this / How can I stop it?

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,960
    Thanks, @PeterPan99! I've not seen such reports yet but would it be possible for you to take a screenshot of the message? I'll check this with my team in a meanwhile.

Best, lampard
  • PeterPan99
    Legendary Explorer
    Hey @lampard,
    Many thanks for the prompt response. However, I do not quite understand your request. There is no "message" to take a screen shot of; the display just "refreshes", losing the next turn, current speed, current road name etc, zooming in a bit, then zooming back out again and restoring the missing information.
    I will try to get a video of it happening.

Regards,
    Peter
  • lampard
    Thanks, Peter! The video will be nice to check the exact behavior.

Best, lampard
  • Pierresld
    Pierresld Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    I've got the same problem. Very distracting and unsafe. Sometimes the route refreshes every 20 seconds. It seems like the GPS connection is lost, because the app shows the icon for searching for GPS, but it happens everywhere and all the time. My GPS is fine.
  • PeterPan99
    Legendary Explorer
    Hi @Pierresld,
    I am sorry to hear that you are suffering too, but it is good to know that I am not the only one (so perhaps it is not sometjhing that I am doing wrong)
    Regards,
    Peter
  • lampard
    Hi there,

This issue should be fixed with the 3.4.7 release and hence I'm looking for a screenshot or video showing this behavior with the latest update.

Best, lampard

• PeterPan99
    Legendary Explorer
    Hi again,

Well, I took the car on a 20-mile test drive and, guess what... I DID NOT see the fault!
    So, maybe:
    a. Release 3.4.7 DID fix it and my (quite recent) problems were before 3.4.7 was installed on my phone. I THINK that I last saw it on 11 Apr 2022, but I did not document it, so my memory might be faulty. My phone says that the app was last updated on 7 Apr 2022, which (if my memory is correct) would mean that I saw the issue AFTER 3.4.7 was installed.
    Or
    b. 3.4.7 has NOT fixed it, but it only shows after a longer period of driving.

If permitted, i would like to keep this question open until I have done a longer drive, but that might not happen for a week, or 2.