create route from A to B directly on the Rider 550

Rolf_the_Wolf
Rolf_the_Wolf Registered Users Posts: 19
Master Explorer
Dear all, I'm somewhere with my bike and like to create a route from A to B. (A nor B is the place I am).
Every time I start, the Rider likes to use my current position, but I want to use the current. I like to start in A which somewhere.
I can not find any information in the manual how to do this.
Any help is appreciated (English or German).
Thanks and BR

Best Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,168
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Rolf_the_Wolf

I have car based units but I assume the same applies to the Bike units.

As I said keep an eye out for the 3 vertical dots. If you Tap Menu then Tap search when you input an address and when it’s displayed the map the submenu displaying Drive menu will have the 3 dots next to Drive. So tap the 3 dots and select Use as Start point when you do this then the unit goes back so you can select search again and input destination address.

Doug.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,480
     Superuser
    edited April 18 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Rolf_the_Wolf
    (Snip) But if I give you an address in e.g. Boston (Snip) It MUST be possible to enter a start address and a final address (Snip)
    For a UK example... Plan a route from.... '1 High Street Worcester' (Not my Home address) to 'The Cavern Club Liverpool'
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Search... Enter '1 High Street Wor' or as much of the address '1 High Street Worcester for it to appear in the lefthand search list....
    Tap on the Tap on the offered '1 High Street Worcester'...
    A Quick menu opens....
    rgsqh8fq8qt1.jpg
    Tap on the 3Dot Icon....
    ks2qkchad8td.jpg
    Tap on 'Use as a Starting point'

Next... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Search... Enter 'The Cavern Club Liverpool'
    The device offers the built-in POI 'The Cavern Club Liverpool' in the righthand POI search list....
    Tap on the offered 'The Cavern Club Liverpool'
    A Quick menu opens.... Tap on the (Drive) Icon....
    hmb2t72646as.jpg
    The device calculates the route.... 1 High Street Worcester --> The Cavern Club Liverpool

Saving the Route
    'Quick Tap' anywhere on the Route --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Manage route --> Add to my Routes.... Edit the Route name as required or simply Tap Add

Note... (1) A 'Quick Tap' and 'Long Tap' of the screen gives different menu options
    Note... (2) The MyDrive Web Route planner will sync a route with a Max of 20 stops

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• Rolf_the_Wolf
    Master Explorer
    Sorry, had to change the sentense.
    Every time I start the process to create the route, the Rider likes to use my current position, but I don't want to use the current position to start with.
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited April 16
    Hi
    @Rolf_the_Wolf
    Are you using the MyDrive Web Route planner ???
    there's a bug in the MyDrive Web Route planner see below...
    Be Aware....
    If your starting point IS NOT your present location there's a BUG
    When using the 'Send Stops' option, during an "A" to "B" route transfer where 'A' IS NOT your present location... The device drops Location "A"
    This bug also applies also to Multi-Stop/Waypoint routes... 'A' to 'B' to 'C' to' D' to 'E' etc...

For more info See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1198253/#Comment_1198253

The "Sacrificial stop" replaces the Stop that the MDW Route planner fails send when the route is Transferred/Synced to the Device
    Its just a Stop alongside the original first stop to act a marker to where original first stop would have been if the MDW Route planner bug hadn't deleted it from the route....

See bullet point... (6)

The Tomtom MyDrive Web Route Planner....
    Get it Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com

(1).... Plan my Route with the MyDrive Web Route planner (With or Without Stops as required)

(2)... Zoom in... Place a Sacrificial stop close to the Start Icon

8eaec27f-eba6-4332-bbb7-38ecfdac3110.png
    (4)... Choose the 'Send Stops' option... The route will sync to your device

(5)... The device will calculate your route from your 'Present location'
    (5.1)... The device will calculate your route using Stops in the order that you placed the Stops in the route
    (5.2)... If the planned Start of the Route is your 'Present location'... Then skip Bullet-point... (6)

(6)...When the route has calculated, Pinch zoom to the correct start of your Route (The Sacrificial Stop Icon) 'Long Tap' (Tap and hold for +1 second) on the Sacrificial Stop Icon --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Choose 'Use as a Starting Point'
    The device will calculate your route from your new location

(7)... Saving the Route
    'Quick Tap' anywhere on the Route --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Manage route --> Add to my Routes.... Edit the route name as required or simply Tap Add

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Rolf_the_Wolf

If you move the map until your wished start position is displayed. Scroll in so that when you press the Screen for a second or so at your desired Start Point a Marker appears with an address by it and the option to drive or ride to it. You will see 3 vertical dots, next to the Drive/Ride which if you Tap gives you a further submenu which includes the option to use the Position as a Start Point. If you select that option then the unit returns to the start so you can now select a Destination which once selected will result in the Unit creating a route between your requested Star and finish points.

Always be aware of the 3 vertical dots as they frequently appear and if Tapped give your further options. You can save the created route to My Routes but if you immediately select to Drive/Ride when the route is displayed the unit will take you to the route from your current position.

Doug
  • Rolf_the_Wolf
    Master Explorer
    @YamFazMan thanks for the input, but as said in my post, I do use the Rider 550 to plan the route.

@DougLap I do understand, but if I give you an address in e.g. Boston, you wan't be able to wish to the start point. It MUST be possible to enter a start address and a final address.

At TomTom support, don't tell me that is not possible !
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Rolf_the_Wolf

I have car based units but I assume the same applies to the Bike units.

As I said keep an eye out for the 3 vertical dots. If you Tap Menu then Tap search when you input an address and when it’s displayed the map the submenu displaying Drive menu will have the 3 dots next to Drive. So tap the 3 dots and select Use as Start point when you do this then the unit goes back so you can select search again and input destination address.

Doug.
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited April 18 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Rolf_the_Wolf
    (Snip) But if I give you an address in e.g. Boston (Snip) It MUST be possible to enter a start address and a final address (Snip)
    For a UK example... Plan a route from.... '1 High Street Worcester' (Not my Home address) to 'The Cavern Club Liverpool'
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Search... Enter '1 High Street Wor' or as much of the address '1 High Street Worcester for it to appear in the lefthand search list....
    Tap on the Tap on the offered '1 High Street Worcester'...
    A Quick menu opens....
    rgsqh8fq8qt1.jpg
    Tap on the 3Dot Icon....
    ks2qkchad8td.jpg
    Tap on 'Use as a Starting point'

Next... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Search... Enter 'The Cavern Club Liverpool'
    The device offers the built-in POI 'The Cavern Club Liverpool' in the righthand POI search list....
    Tap on the offered 'The Cavern Club Liverpool'
    A Quick menu opens.... Tap on the (Drive) Icon....
    hmb2t72646as.jpg
    The device calculates the route.... 1 High Street Worcester --> The Cavern Club Liverpool

Saving the Route
    'Quick Tap' anywhere on the Route --> A quick menu opens --> Tap the 3Dot icon --> Manage route --> Add to my Routes.... Edit the Route name as required or simply Tap Add

Note... (1) A 'Quick Tap' and 'Long Tap' of the screen gives different menu options
    Note... (2) The MyDrive Web Route planner will sync a route with a Max of 20 stops

Stay Safe... ATB YFM