Mazda NB1 : Problem with map - you cannot use this map on this device: Europe-454

frich
frich Registered Users Posts: 2
Novice Seeker
Hi All,

I purchased the latest map and the first issue was that it didn't fit on the original SD card - solved that by formatting a larger card, inserting it into the NB1 then restoring the backup from the original card.

The problem I have now is that the NB1 unit complains that "Problem with map - you cannot use this map on this device: Europe-864" when I try to use the SatNav - any ideas?

Thanks!

Answers

• frich
    frich Registered Users Posts: 2
    Novice Seeker
    erm, this is odd...

I tried again this morning by deleting the map .tlv file and the directory from the SD card then using TTH I adding it back from the computer...and it seems to have worked?

If I check the map version on the NB1 in the car is it Europe 1085.11361 so I guess I can claim success?!

I'm guessing I've got the latest version of the actual software itself? (looks like it's from May 2016)
  • ajcbakker
    ajcbakker Registered Users Posts: 4
    Master Traveler
    Hi all,

I have exactly the same problem. It is not clear to me what you did exactly to resolve this problem. Can you explain to me what steps you have done exactly? I have formatted a larger card, inserted it in the NB1 and copied the original backup to the new sd card. It is my intention to test this first before buying an update of the europe map. Can you help me?

Many thanks.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,721
    Hi @ajcbakker
    I have activated a map for your TomTom, just remove the existing map first and download a fresh version using TomTom HOME.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • ajcbakker
    ajcbakker Registered Users Posts: 4
    Master Traveler
    Hi @VikramK

Many thanks for your help. I have succesfully removed the existing map and downloaded a fresh version as you said. Everything works well now.
    Once again many thanks.

Kind regards,
    Alje