How do I switch off charging point updates?

jazz-e
jazz-e Registered Users Posts: 7
Apprentice Seeker
edited April 16 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
How do I switch off charging point updates?

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,343
    Revered Voyager
    On Mydrive connect if the file is checked, you uncheck it or you delete the file via the deleted button.
  • jazz-e
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi, I have a GO 6200 with wifi-connected updates.
    I can switch off charging point POI in maps but every time I un-tick the charging point update it re-ticks the next time I switch the unit on
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    You have the choice between deleting the file or deactivate charging station icons so that they no longer appear on the map.

To hide (disable) the charging station icons, go to the Settings menu then to Appearance and open Show POI lists on the map and click on Show to open the option and click on Hide for station to no longer see the charging station icons on the maps.
  • jazz-e
    Apprentice Seeker
    It would appear I have confused matters by mentioning removing charging points (icons) from the map - which I thought I had explained, I have already done.
    So to be clear:
    if you unselect the points of interest charging point update when you turn the device back on it reappears (selected)! I cannot see anywhere where it says I can permanently delete this option
    I thought I had read somewhere that customer services have to turn the option off on my account but there are no customer services numbers or email addresses to contact from my mobile phones webpage?
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    edited April 15
    On Mydrive connect, it must be possible to delete

eg2vchrywplu.jpg

• Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    To contact customer service

How to contact TomTom customer support by chat or email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

How to contact TomTom customer support by email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560
  • jazz-e
    Apprentice Seeker
    "On Mydrive connect, it must be possible to delete"

- As far as I'm aware you should always use the wireless update service for this device (and all the latest devices as well).
  • jazz-e
    Apprentice Seeker
    As soon as you try to delete the item from the device it jumps out - tells me to use wireless and then tells me that there is a problem with the pc or device neither of which is the case, please see all 3 photos
  • jazz-e
    Apprentice Seeker
    lflnn9k6w9te.jpg
    As you see
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    jazz-e wrote: »

- As far as I'm aware you should always use the wireless update service for this device (and all the latest devices as well).

You can do both https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013899580-Mettre-à-jour-votre-GPS-via-Wi-Fi-