No live traffic on 6250

NellyPhant
NellyPhant Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
Hi all, my live traffic has stopped working.

GPRS is showing as connected and my traffic is showing as active

Any suggestions?

Comments

• NellyPhant
    Apprentice Seeker
    I understand that this is a community based resource but I just want to say that TomTom essentially outsourcing its customer support for devices that cost hundreds of pounds to enthusiasts is so short sited to be laughable.

I need this bag of manure to work for my job. I support my family using this device and TomTom have basically washed their hands of it.

This will be my last device from them.
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,713
    Hi @NellyPhant
    Welcome to the community! The services all look okay for your GO PROFESSIONAL 6250.
    Have you tried the troubleshooting steps advised in the video below-

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • NellyPhant
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Vikram. I restored it this morning and it seemed to work for about an hour. Then it got stuck in a boot loop while I was driving, each time it almost finished rebooting the screen would corrupt and it would start again. Eventually a screen popped up with a graphic of it being plugged into a PC. Not exactly helpful given I’m on the road and won’t be home until Monday.

I held power off and it ended up in the diagnostic screen shown. The battery was showing 0% despite having been on the dock all morning. I’ve now plugged the usb cable directly into the unit and it has taken over an hour to charge to 1%.

This unit is not fit for purpose. It’s less than a year old and has been nothing but trouble. The retailer is directing me to TomTom as they won’t refund. TomTom don’t have a customer care number which I find unbelievable so I’m left with asking the community for tech support. I’m a U.K. customer so the Consumer Rights Act applies and I’m well within my rights to reject this product for a full refund.

Please advise.

8w8jdahhygif.jpeg
  • NellyPhant
    Apprentice Seeker
    Well thanks for everyone help. I’ve bought a Garmin.