Can't sync routes between MyDrive and Go apps on Android

GilesN
GilesN Registered Users Posts: 6
New Seeker
Hi

On my android phone I have the TomTom Go and MyDrive apps. I can create a route on MyDrive (on my phone) and save it to My Routes. If I then open the Go app (checking it is logged onto my TomTom account), and open my routes, there is no sign of the route I've just created in MyDrive.

If, when I plan a route in MyDrive, I press "Send Desintation", I get a message saying the waypoints will be sent to my device. But I still can't find anything on the Go app for this route either.

If I "Sync This route as a track on my devices" - I cannot find any option on the Go app for Tracks. Where is that?

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

Best Answers

• Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 412
    Supreme Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    @GilesN

When you create a route in MyDrive you do have to select "Sync This route as a track on my devices" - Then you should find this under My Routes.

I never use Tracks as I require to be advised of traffic delays and reroute accordingly if necessary....... :)

I know it does not help but my Android phone works correctly for the scenario you described ......... but what I try if I have any difficulties is to first reboot the phone, then remove the Apps and reinstall, this usually removes most gremlins for me. B)
  • Lost_Soul
    Supreme Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi @GilesN

I also just tried to send a route across the country & it doesn't like that either. More gremlins

That sounds like you may not have all the relevant maps installed - worth checking. :/

I have a Europe map installed, but if you chose UK then I think there there are 4 component maps that need to be installed, i.e UK Central Northern Ireland, UK North & UK South & Ferry Connections Europe/Greenland.

Answers

• Lost_Soul
    Supreme Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    @GilesN

When you create a route in MyDrive you do have to select "Sync This route as a track on my devices" - Then you should find this under My Routes.

I never use Tracks as I require to be advised of traffic delays and reroute accordingly if necessary....... :)

I know it does not help but my Android phone works correctly for the scenario you described ......... but what I try if I have any difficulties is to first reboot the phone, then remove the Apps and reinstall, this usually removes most gremlins for me. B)
  • GilesN
    New Seeker
    Thank you very much Lost_Soul. It must have been a gremlin as it is now working. I tried for ages this morning and it wasn't having it at all. I also just tried to send a route across the country & it doesn't like that either. More gremlins
  • Lost_Soul
    Supreme Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    Hi @GilesN

I also just tried to send a route across the country & it doesn't like that either. More gremlins

That sounds like you may not have all the relevant maps installed - worth checking. :/

I have a Europe map installed, but if you chose UK then I think there there are 4 component maps that need to be installed, i.e UK Central Northern Ireland, UK North & UK South & Ferry Connections Europe/Greenland.
  • GilesN
    New Seeker
    Ahaaa, that's really helpful, thanks again! I'll have a look for how to sort that out. I'm sure there was something else I've been meaning to ask but it's gone for now. Thanks again
  • GilesN
    New Seeker
    Hi Lost_Soul - I went for a ride yesterday, having planned a route prior on MyDrive on my laptop. I "sync'd route as a track with my devices", checked it was listing in "My Routes" on TomTom Go on my phone and set off. i then needed to change my route, so I opened My Drive on my phone, went into My Routes and made amendments before sync'ing again. This all happened 24hours ago and there's still no sign of the new, amended route in My Routes on TomTom Go.

This app is excellent for speeding awareness & alerts for even mobile cameras which is why i thought I'd try it, but it is such a hassle route planning on 2 separate apps that don't sync quickly and easily. I also find a separate issue is that it doesn't clearly show your starting point like Google Maps does when you're plotting the route.

Any thoughts & recommendations greatly appreciated.
  • GilesN
    New Seeker
    Thanks Lost_Soul for taking the time with this again. I'll go through your response in greater detail over the next few days and see if I can resolve it.
  • GilesN
    New Seeker
    Lost_Soul - thanks again for your efforts. I've been through your messages and tried everything you suggest but to no avail. Maybe it's my phone or some other 3rd party gremlin?

If anyone from Tomtom reads this thread, I'd like to add that I have found plotting a route on MyDrive completely unintuitive and frustrating. All they need to do is look at how its done on Google Maps to see how easy it should be. It's really great on Tomtom having the speeding alert, especially mobile cameras, and being able to plot a route in a way that Google maps can't, but that doesn't make up for the frustration and lost hours of my life of having to handle 2 separate apps that - in my case - won't sync. Time to try a different system.
  • MUP
    MUP Registered Users Posts: 573
    Revered Pioneer
    edited May 1
    eMail-Accounts are exactly the same for the Android App MyDrive and Android App TTGo?

Just try a simpel route inside 1 map.

I had to sync a route between Berlin and Hamburg twice.
    The same effect at your route?

At least:
    Did you enable the TT service MyDrive under TT-Services on the smartfone?
    If YES then you should see a cloud at the TTGo route bar.

j7udyvhk2emd.png