Installing USA map on Go Premium

jamesjw
jamesjw UKRegistered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
Hi, I have just purchased a Go Premium 6" to use on a holiday to the USA. The info on the website says it has lifetime world maps pre-installed but it only has Europe maps and no option to install USA or world maps in the 'add map' menu or via MyDrive Connect. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.
Tagged:

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

Come back tomorrow, moderator @VikramK will review your account and assign you the service.
  • jamesjw
    jamesjw UKRegistered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Great thanks
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,725
    Hi @jamesjw

Welcome to the community!
    My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, just do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
  • pumbridge
    pumbridge Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi,
    Sorry to seem so dim, but can anyone tell me if my GO Premium sat nav has USA maps, and - if so - how I switch to them?
    Thanks,
    Tim
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

@pumbridge

Yes, the Go premium has the map of the United States
    > Main menu > setting -> Maps & display > Downloaded maps > in the lower right corner, option "Add" (when the device is connected to the Internet via wi-fi)
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,827
    Superuser
    Hi @pumbridge

If you are seeking to add thecUSA map you may well have to add an extra memory card if you don’t currently have sufficient memory free memory for the additional map.

You would need a Micro SD class 10 memory card either 16gb or maximum 32gb recommended

Doug