TTT GO 500 BOOTING ISSUE

TOMTOMz
TOMTOMz Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
Hello All after trying to update TT GO 500 (serial starting with QX ) and got issue with storage capacity, I added XD card format it in the device and on reboot i got TOMTOM logo drumroll and that is it, logo is stuck on the screen and I can not do hard reset as text is not showing on the screen while holding start button after reboot. advice and help needed please.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,444
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

The maximum of an SD accepted on a GB is 32 GB class 10 format your SD with the computer then insert the SD in the GPS so that it formats again.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,829
     Superuser
    edited April 11
    Hi
    @TOMTOMz
    I thought XD Cards were declared obsolete ages ago ??? are they compatible with a Tomtom device ???
    Try removing the XD Card....

32GB is the Max recommended Micro SDHC Memory Card size for a Tomtom device...
    FAT32 is the base for TomTom's proprietary format for storing Maps....
    32GB is the maximum size that a Micro SDHC Memory Card can be formatted to FAT32....

The 64GB Memory cards are SDXC and formatted exFAT....
    There are none standard/unofficial 3rd party formatting tools available for your PC....
    >> BUT << how reliable will be your stored data be ??? I wouldn't like a crashed Map mid journey :/

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • TOMTOMz
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi YFM

You are of course right it is indeed Micro SDHC Memory Card, and it is 32Gb , and it was formated in the TT GO 500 byitself... thanks .But do you have any knowledge about this boot loop or inability to bypass tomtom logo ??

Best Zee
  • TOMTOMz
    Apprentice Seeker
    Forgive me for the confusion re: memory card

Now with or without card in-the TT it is stuck on the boot loop, can any of your elders can advise?
    1. Can not go to the "recovery mode" by holding power button after start up
    2. Can not connect to My Drive Connect

Is it terminal? Can it be somehow revived??

Thanks in advance
    Best TOMTOMz
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,444
    Revered Voyager
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    Hi @TOMTOMz

Can you get it to restart normally after you have firstly ensured the unit is well charged then tried a Soft Reset. The Reset is done by pressing and holding the ON/OFF button in for 20 seconds plus until you hear the Drumroll Sound then letting the button go.

Doug