Oops something went wrong error

Legends44
Legends44 Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
I have a tomtom 25. When I try to download a map it says oops something went wrong. I have lots of room on the memory card but nothing will work. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,354
    Revered Voyager
    Server problem?
    can you try to remove Mydrive connect is reinstall or try with another computer.
  • Legends44
    Apprentice Seeker
    Tried that, didn't work
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,831
    Superuser
    edited April 20
    Hi @Legends44

When you installed the extra memory card was it a Micro SD class 10 card maximum size 32GB and were you asked to format it for maps by the TT unit.

Also if the map you are seeking to load is too big for the internal memory the card must be capable of taking the whole map as maps cannot be split between internal and external memory.

Doug
  • Legends44
    Apprentice Seeker
    I have had the device for many years. I am unsure what class it is but it is a micro sd card. When it's in the device it says I have 951 mb of memory.

The map I am trying to load is larger than my internal or external memory. I only have one other map on the device but I can't remove it to load a different map. Any further suggestions would be appreciated.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,831
    Superuser
    Hi @Legends44

The TT unit will not let you remove the map as a map is required to enable the unit to boot up from turn on.

What is the capacity of the extra memory card.

I assume the free memory you mention is on the Internal memory. If the device is not showing the capacity of the Extra memory card I assume the card has not been formatted for Maps. If so try removing the card then reinserting when the device is on.

Doug
  • Legends44
    Apprentice Seeker
    I changed my memory card and it was formatted. I have more than enough space but still getting the oops message. Any other thoughts?