Go Discover/Expert software update v22.101.0006 available for download

VikramK
VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,713
edited April 28 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hello all,

Today (6th April 2022) we are going to release a software update for the GO Discover and GO Expert devices.

Software version: 22.101.0006

Release notes:

Bug fixes and improvements.

Thanks, and Drive Safe!
Vikram

Comments

• RonTomtom
    RonTomtom Northeast UKRegistered Users Posts: 4
    Master Traveler
    So, please, what are the bug fixes and improvements ?
  • Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 410
    Supreme Pioneer
    @VikramK

Downloaded and installed the software update on my Go Discover and Go Expert.

The following bugs still remain:

Go Discover - The Car Parking Capacity / Spaces remaining information is still missing.

Go Expert - Sending several stops from MyDrive - only the Final stop is received, all other stops are missing.

Would be interested to know what bug fixes / improvements have been made.
  • s32
    s32 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    I’ve noticed that after you configure a route and then suspend by cutting the energy towards Tomtom, after a while the gps starts the guiding you for the configured route (but it is already suspended).

Also, I’m not really sure if it has been patched or not on this version, sometimes when the gps is suspended (and connected to power), but with a configured route, when you turn it back on it has no route configured anymore.

It will be nice from you guys if you can share with us the full release notes with the corrected bugs/issues.

Device: Tomtom Go Expert

Cheers!
  • simplysup2
    simplysup2 Registered Users Posts: 34
    Prominent Wayfarer
    Go Discover - Premium Services still say "Expired", even though they have been renewed and are working - at least cameras and fuel information is.
  • s32
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi,

This is still happening:
    s32 wrote: »
    Also, I’m not really sure if it has been patched or not on this version, sometimes when the gps is suspended (and connected to power), but with a configured route, when you turn it back on it has no route configured anymore.

Yesterday evening I’ve planned my route with 2 stops between 2 countries and today the route is no longer configured.

Regards,
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,785
    Superuser
    edited April 8
    Hi
    @Lost_Soul
    @s32
    Lost_Soul wrote: »
    (Snip) Go Expert - Sending several stops from MyDrive - only the Final stop is received, all other stops are missing (Quote)
    Are you using 'Send Stops' .ITN Route or 'Save & Sync' .GPX Track ???
    The Stops are displaying OK on my GO Discover....
    I assume you are using the Save & Sync route option i.e... a .GPX Track... Yes, you will see the stops displayed in the MyDrive Web Route planner....

(1)... If you 'Save 'n' Sync' (GPX Track)... The device will follow the track like a Breadcrumb trail...
    The track is fixed, and the device will >> NOT << display the Stops or respond to Live Traffic... Also, a .GPX Track can be a little hit or miss for a complex journey
    I much prefer .ITN Routes, for me .GPX tracks for complex journeys are totally useless....
    I would suspect they would also be useless for most delivery drivers....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1708222/#Comment_1708222

(2).... The Route planned directly on the device is a .ITN Route the .ITN Route uses Stops The Stops >> ARE << displayed on the screen when Navigating and the device will plan the route between the stops... An .ITN Route will respond to Live Traffic and any route deviations BUT an .ITN route will doggedly follow the stops in the order they were created, if you miss a stop, the device will continuously attempt to guide you to the missed stop... You have to cancel the problem stop on the device to avoid it....

For more Info/tips using the MDW Route planner....
    See.... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1707989/#Comment_1707989

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    May be useful....

• Lost_Soul
    Supreme Pioneer
    Hi
    @YamFazMan

Some good general advice you have given, but not relevant in this instance as you have mis-read / not fully understood the issues B) .

My Go Discover receives all the stops ................ it did not but the TomTom team recently made some changes as I described more fully in this thread.

See here

As said above it is my "Go Expert" that is not receiving all the interim stops..............

It does get more illogical as if you change the Vehicle Setting to a Car / Van it works correctly.

But using the 'Truck' setting which is what most drivers will choose having bought the Go Expert to aid them with Multiple delivery drops, then it does not work.

There almost appears to be a causal link to the illogical / crazy routing I get with my Go Camper when the Vehicle is set to a Camper (heavy). (issues on both devices using the largest Vehicle Setting?)

As using the Camper (Light) I do not obviously (have not empirically tested this) get the illogical / crazy routing................... however this is of no use to me as the Manual clearly states on Page 41 (17.6) :

" A route calculated for a light camper van is the same as that calculated for a car because of weight and height similarities."

My raison d'être for purchasing the Go Camper was to plan routes that favoured major roads and not to be diverted down narrow one track roads................ :(

• s32
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi @YamFazMan,

I appreciate the given info regarding that specific scenario, but that’s not really the issue I’m experiencing.

@Lost_Soul issue I can replicate on my end using MyDrive (iPhone XS with iOS 15 and Go Expert), and I believe that he’s not using saved routes because hes not always doing the same trips like me.

Replication steps:
    1. Configure my drive for truck use;
    2. Set a destination by “plan route”
    3. To avoid certain roads, set point A;
    4. Once again, to avoid some roads, set point B

E.g:
    lgjen3a2bkq2.jpeg

5. Send stops;

On the device you will see that only one address was sent, and not the planned route.

My issue here is more critical on a customer point-of-view. I planned my route using only the device, disconnected power for the device since I was going to rest, and when connected the power it was all gone.

So I’ll try to simplify and share some replication steps using TomTom Go Expert:
    1. Configure device for truck use;
    2. Configure for fastest route;
    3. Configure to suspend when power is turned off;
    4. Using coordinates (search on device), set destination point C (city on a country different from your location);
    5. Set point B on a road that will calculate a completely different route;
    6. Set point A once again on a distant road to calculate new route;
    7. Kill power to device for 1 day;
    8. Turn on device and you’ll see that the route is now gone.

Please reach out if you have any doubts replicating those scenarios, I hope this was helpful in order to find a solution.

Cheers,
  • jfroggyj
    jfroggyj Registered Users Posts: 15
    Master Explorer
    Hopefully the update will sort out the problems with blackouts when you set a destination then sometimes screen goes black for a while then back to normal
  • Lost_Soul
    Supreme Pioneer
    @s32

Missing Multiple Stops on Go Expert :

Have you tried what I discovered? ;)
    1. First change the Vehicle Settings on the Go Expert to a "Car"
    2. Set up your route using MyDrive
    3. Send the stops to the Go Expert.

4. Then after the stops are received, change back the Vehicle settings on the Go Expert back to a "Truck"..............

A bit cumbersome, but it works, you may be able to use this fudge while TomTom are working on a permanent solution for you? @lampard @Jurgen. @VikramK

Disappearing planned routes

I can confirm my Go Expert does the same, I planned a route 2 days ago, then put the device into Sleep mode, on awakening the device today, the planned route has disappeared.

I normally only pre-plan a journey the night before, but had noticed they too have occasionally disappeared and I have to re-plan them again. I wonder if the device clears all planned journey either overnight or after a set period of time has elapsed? I have not noticed this occurring on my other Tomtom devices.............. :/

I checked in the instruction manual (version 1 Feb 21 - this needs to be updated as it has to be the briefest TomTom Manual ever! B) ) but there is no mention if this is a normal feature of the Go Expert.

@lampard @Jurgen. @VikramK Is this feature correct / is there a later version of the manual?
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,785
    Superuser
    edited April 14
    Hi
    @jfroggyj @Lost_Soul
    Just a thought are you using the GO Discover/Expert Power supplied Cable & Power Adapter ???
    The 7" screen pulls a lot more power than the previous devices, the Discover/Expert Supplied adapter is rated 2.4 Amps and the USB Lead also a heaver rated cable....
    I'm thinking, if you are using the standard issue Power Adapter & Lead the device maybe going into Power Saving and Mode and forgetting the active route ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Lost_Soul
    Supreme Pioneer
    @YamFazMan

Yes I do use the correct cable / power adapter for each device - although it is a bit of a nuisance having to swap them over ! :D
    I have a Garmin which has a similar power requirement, but that will tell me if the cable being used is unable to charge the device, i.e when connecting to a PC to update - I have never seen any similar message from the TomTom's.

When I planned the route 2 days ago and put it into Sleep mode I did check the battery level beforehand was 100%.

There is no mention of the scenario when the Discover / Expert will enter Power Saving mode in the manual - Maybe as the battery is Lithium Polymer versus Lithium Ion in the older TomTom devices it behaves differently?

I do get rather a lot of "random" events occurring on both the Go Discover / Expert aka @jfroggyj plus losing planned journeys coming from MyDrive as it did this afternoon - Sent a route to the Go Discover, the route was received by the Go Discover, then whilst the device was planning........... (never showing a route) it cleared the route completely!

This was repeated several times and the only way I could get the journey planned was to do a Drum Roll reset - in fact it is increasingly common that I have to do a Drum Roll reset daily on both these devices. Not what you expect............., plus it is both time consuming and very irritating.