How do I activate renewal purchase?

BIGTONE1
BIGTONE1 Registered Users Posts: 18
Master Explorer
Hi all.
I have just paid for and renewed my Tom Tom mobile subscription after a reminder from Google play store it’s expiring.On Google play store I am registered with one email address and on my mobile device it is logged into Tom Tom on another email address I have used for years. My mobile app was migrated from my Go app a few years ago. I had the same problem last year and the kind lady at customer services sorted it for me. This year the lady at customer services is suggesting I delete the app and reinstall it. What good will that do if any? I need to let the Tom Tom app know I have renewed. I can’t understand why Tom Tom can’t consolidate purchases from other sources for their products. Anyway I would be grateful for anybody to suggest a solution.
Kind regards

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    Revered Voyager
    edited April 6
    Hi

You must sign in with the same Google Account (email address) that allowed you to purchase the app.

What you can do is delete the app on your phone then on play store use installed button select your phone from the list.

It is no longer Tomtom that manages subscriptions purchased on play store.
  • BIGTONE1
    Master Explorer
    Thanks for that Willy. I have deleted Tom Tom app and my Google account. I have remade my original Google account that I purchased the Tom Tom renewal. I am at the moment downloading maps on the the reinstalled app. The one thing confusing me is how do I activate my Tom Tom app when the purchased email is different from the registered email with Tom Tom? Will I have to register with Tom Tom the email I purchased the renewal?
    Thanks in advance
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    On the app to activate Tomtom services you enter the email address and password of your Tomtom account.
  • BIGTONE1
    Master Explorer
    Ok Willy. The email address on my Tom Tom account is different to what I purchased. I got a mail from Tom Tom support suggesting I delete and start agai. I did this and reinstalled my Google account then reinstalled Tom Tom. I have logged in to Tom Tom using the email I have used for years. I’m in Tom Tom ok. If I try to log in with the email I purchased the renewal Tom Tom doesn’t recognise it because I’m registered with Tom Tom with one email. Now if I go into subscriptions it tells me my navigation is active until 12/04/2022 and it gives me the cost of plans and it tells me I have 2 active subscriptions and if I click on manage it shows me I have a 12 month subscription until 3 April 2023. It’s only showin 1 subscription yet on the subscriptions page with the price plans it’s saying 2 active subscriptions. This is becoming a nightmare.
    Regards
  • BIGTONE1
    Master Explorer
    I’ve cancelled the subscription on Playstore and the 2 active subscriptions have gone.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    BIGTONE1 wrote: »
    Ok Willy. The email address on my Tom Tom account is different to what I purchased.

It's not a problem if your Tomtom account email address is not the same as your Google account.

On the application in >> Tomtom Service, you enter the email address of your Tomtom account.
  • BIGTONE1
    Master Explorer
    Yes it shows I’m logged in ok in Tom Tom. I’m just wondering that this confusion over 2 active subscriptions is it’s because I have 6 days left from last years subscription and because I have renewed it it won’t show or be able to register with Tom Tom until the current subscription runs out on the 12 of this month. Very confusing.
  • BIGTONE1
    Master Explorer
    I will see on the 12 and try and update or see if it does it automatically.
    Many thanks for your help.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    In reality.
    you buy the application with your Google account
    East you connect to the application with your Tomtom account.
  • BIGTONE1
    Master Explorer
    👍