Unable to login to Tom Tom Sports app on Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Any suggestions?

GariW
GariW Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
Hi there, I have a Tom Tom Cardio Runner watch. A few days ago I was unable to sync my data onto the phone, so I reinstalled the app and now I'm unable to login even after having reset the password. It says that "Log in Failed. Please check internet connection" Even though my internet connection is fine and I can log on to my Tom Tom account on the website. I presume that a Tom Tom software update could be the problem. Anybody else had this issue? Thanks. Gari

Answers

• HvdW
    HvdW Registered Users Posts: 41
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Hi,
    I don't think it's an update because there aren't any recently. TomTom Runner is discontinued.
    On the other hand the software works like a charm.
    To test create a new password which is very easy like 123456789
    You should be able to login both on https://mysports.tomtom.com as well as on the Android app.

Or is your question different and aren't you able to connect your TomTom using BT.
    If that's the case then goto settings -> Device connection -> Bluetooth find TomTom GPS watch and tick the cog-wheel.
    Then tick on Forget.
    Now start the app and connect your TomTom.
  • tfarabaugh
    tfarabaugh Posts: 16,943
     Superuser
    GariW wrote: »
    Hi there, I have a Tom Tom Cardio Runner watch. A few days ago I was unable to sync my data onto the phone, so I reinstalled the app and now I'm unable to login even after having reset the password. It says that "Log in Failed. Please check internet connection" Even though my internet connection is fine and I can log on to my Tom Tom account on the website. I presume that a Tom Tom software update could be the problem. Anybody else had this issue? Thanks. Gari

You should reset the phone connection following these steps. First you need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.
  • GariW
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi there, Many thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I am unable to log in to the app on my phone which says "Log in Failed. Please check internet connection" I can login to my Tom Tom account on the website also onto the app on my friend's iphone.
  • HvdW
    HvdW Registered Users Posts: 41
    Renowned Wayfarer
    Still.
    I presume your smartphone does have internet access both on WiFi and on mobile connection.
    Change your password. Or maybe switch to another keyboard on your smartphone.
    Assure yourself in any possible way that the password isn't misspelled on your phone.
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    edited April 8
    Hi there, Many thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I am unable to log in to the app on my phone which says "Log in Failed. Please check internet connection" I can login to my Tom Tom account on the website also onto the app on my friend's iphone.

If you can get into the app on your fiend's phone it is not the app, it is likely your phone. Make sure all Wi-Fi and mobile data are on and the app has all permissions. I would also see if the phone had a recent update that may have blocked the app or prevented it from working.
  • GariW
    Apprentice Seeker
    There is obviously a phone compatibility problem here. It worked fine for a couple of years, then this problem out of the blue. Shame really. I've decided to return to my old trusty Garmin Forerunner 305. Many thanks to those of you who tried to help me. Have a great weekend! :)
  • tfarabaugh
     Superuser
    There is obviously a phone compatibility problem here. It worked fine for a couple of years, then this problem out of the blue. Shame really. I've decided to return to my old trusty Garmin Forerunner 305. Many thanks to those of you who tried to help me. Have a great weekend! :)

I would guess it was some update on the phone that is blocking the software. It may eventually come back as the next update may fix it. If the watch works you can always sync via the computer.