Few enhancement requests (Android Auto)

Herby101
Herby101 Registered Users Posts: 12
Master Explorer
Hi

I have a few enhancement requests:
  • Voice speed
    The first announcement, for example "take the 2nd street to the right after 800 meters".
    It's announced as ""take the 2nd street to the right <PAUSE x seconds> after 800 meters"
    Can you make it to speak any faster (or make it adjustable)?
  • Blue box
    Can this box with notification made smaller (bases on font size).
    It's huge an can be smaller (or make it adjustable)
  • Two different voices instead of one
    I have Eva (Dutch voice) but when a route is calculated Bram or Sander announces the arrival time
  • Navigation icon
    Can you make it possible that you can change the arrow to for example a car?
  • My Routes is missing in Android auto
    I have created a route in Mydrive and its stored in My Routes.
    It's synced to my phone and on my phone works as expected.
    In Android auto the menu option isn't available, therefore the route needs to be started on the phone

Comments

• MUP
    MUP Registered Users Posts: 566
    Revered Pioneer
    edited April 4
    Good News:
    The BlueBox is easily adjustable at Your Smartfone running A12.1 or 12L

Open the Developer section in Android.
    Just change the density of the UI to emulate, then You will get the A12 taskbar visible and the BlueBox is a lot smaller like on a tablet.
    As a goody You will get the brandnew taskbar operable also while TT is running.

I did it with my old Pixel 4XL (A12.1) changing the density from 411 to 600.
    Works perfect for me.

edit:
    Just give it a try, You cant destroy Your fone with that :wink:
  • Herby101
    Master Explorer
    MUP wrote: »
    Good News:
    The BlueBox is easily adjustable at Your Smartfone running A12.1 or 12L

Open the Developer section in Android.
    Just change the density of the UI to emulate, then You will get the A12 taskbar visible and the BlueBox is a lot smaller like on a tablet.
    As a goody You will get the brandnew taskbar operable also while TT is running.

I did it with my old Pixel 4XL (A12.1) changing the density from 411 to 600.
    Works perfect for me.

edit:
    Just give it a try, You cant destroy Your fone with that :wink:

I just got my OnePlus 10 pro 5G today with Android 12.
    Can you send me a screenshot how the screen looks like because I can't find it in developer options.
    I have something in the drawing section (tekenen in Dutch) thats called kleinste breedte (in english Smallest Width), it has a value of 338dp

Thanks
    Herby
  • Herby101
    Master Explorer
    Another enhancement (can't edit my first post).

When TT is started, its started zoomed out and not showing the streets where you are currently driving (no route selected/started).
    I have to press the button (in the example screenshot its number 1.

Why not preserve the latest zoom scale instead of zoomed out and not showing where you drive?
    The arrow is pointing to left or right.

34grpvwde2h9.png

• MUP
    Revered Pioneer
    edited April 7
    You are correct.
    "Smallest Width" is the exact name.
    Just change it to 600, it will work immediately.

I will place screenshots when I am at home today.
  • Herby101
    Master Explorer
    I just have set it to 600 on my phone, LOL, I need a magnifying glass now to to see whats on the screen.
    When opening the settings it's very small, way to small for me.

I just checked the manual of my car, the screen is 8,25 inch, TFT, WVGA: 1082 x 480 pixels.
    Maybe 480 is enough?

• MUP
    Revered Pioneer
    edited April 7
    This is the result using 600 on the fone operating a route simulation.
    The bluebox is not eating so much space.
    Also I don't need special glasses.

Tomorrow morning I will look for that at my car's screen.

fbjy6nw6njvz.png
  • Herby101
    Master Explorer
    I tried it on my phone and car but nothing changed for the blue box.
    the text on my phone is with 600dp hardly to read, so I turned it off again.

As for the enhancement request, how is TT handling those, are they reading them here?
    I couldn't find any other way to report them.
  • MUP
    Revered Pioneer
    You could call a TT-moderator, just like @lampard .
  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,954
    Hi there @Herby101

Welcome to the Community! Yes, you can always post feedback/requests here and we will forward it to the team. I added my responses below:
    Herby101 wrote: »
    • Voice speed
    • Blue box
    I'll tag this as an improvement request.
    I'm not so sure about this one but can you provide more information about the reason why you want two different voices?
    • Navigation icon
    • Why not preserve the latest zoom scale instead of zoomed out and not showing where you drive?
    I'll forward this as a feature request for my team.
    The Android Auto template is limited to 6 items only that’s why there isn’t a 'My Routes' option there. It is already sent to Google as a feature request.

Best, lampard
  • Herby101
    Master Explorer
    Hi Lampard,

Thank you for your reponse, i have added my answers inline
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi there @Herby101

Welcome to the Community! Yes, you can always post feedback/requests here and we will forward it to the team. I added my responses below:
    • Voice speed
    • Blue box
    I'll tag this as an improvement request.
    I'm not so sure about this one but can you provide more information about the reason why you want two different voices?
    >> I mis typed my question here, I have Eva setup to tell me what to do, but in the beginning Bram or Xander (both Dutch) need something to say as well.
    >> Its some general information about the route itself, not telling to go left or right.
    • Navigation icon
    • Why not preserve the latest zoom scale instead of zoomed out and not showing where you drive?
    I'll forward this as a feature request for my team.
    The Android Auto template is limited to 6 items only that’s why there isn’t a 'My Routes' option there. It is already sent to Google as a feature request.
    >> This one is available on my phone and I have an option to scroll, it simply isn't there at all. It should be there at the arrow.
    >> I Dont think it's Android auto, but TT, because you are filling the menu items. (bug?)
    e0ud52mvl0yr.png

An another request (or issue), when TT starts and no route has been setup, why not have the arrow in the same position as where you're going to, zoomed in so that you can even see at what street you are driving. I always have to press the button (added to my screenshot) to get the map to view and point into the direction I am heading.
    63bqlx98k4q7.png

As you can see, this is the map view I always have when I start TT, zoomed out and the arrow pointing to somewhere else then where I am driving to.

Thanks Herby

• jacare60
    jacare60 Registered Users Posts: 60
    Renowned Trailblazer
    TomTom could make a simple adjustment, add and fix "My Work" to the "My Places" tab and insert the "My Routes" tab instead. Not everyone uses "My Work".
  • Herby101
    Master Explorer
    jacare60 wrote: »
    TomTom could make a simple adjustment, add and fix "My Work" to the "My Places" tab and insert the "My Routes" tab instead. Not everyone uses "My Work".

Yes, missing the My Routes as well, kinda strange that it is on the phone but missing in AA.
    Another strange safety meassure is that I am NOT allowed to enter an address on the AA screen while driving, but when voice command fail to choose the correct address, I do need to grab my phone to enter the address. In the Netherlands it's not allowed to hold you phone during driving (since march the fine is €350), but we are allowed to enter on the NAV screen.

So the opposite is happening now.