SD card not used

Randy-3Rs
Randy-3Rs Registered Users Posts: 4
New Seeker
My GO60 recognizes the SD card. Says it is formatted, shows the 31 GB free, but nothing is written to the card. Downloads show not enough space to continue without deleting items to free up space on the device memory. How do I force it to use the space on the memory card. It is a Samsung 32 EVOplus card. I have tried to reformat the sd card but the device says it is already formatted.

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,417
    Exalted Pioneer
    moderators can add small map on monday
  • Randy-3Rs
    New Seeker
    I got the map updated on the GO 60 internal memory. But some of the other new downloads did not upload because there was insufficient internal memory, but the SD card is never used. I have 31 GB of memory not used. Nothing ever writes to the sd card, its like it doesn't exist. The GO60 devise recognizes it and says its formatted, but doesn't write to it.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,417
    Revered Voyager
    Can you try formatting the SD with your computer and then inserting the SD back into your GPS to format it again?

Select the full Europe map installed.
  • Randy-3Rs
    New Seeker
    Tried the suggestion. Still will not use memory card. I formatted installed a 8GB card. GO 60 reformatted it. MY Tomtom recognizes the card shows the 7GB formatted space but will not write to it.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,417
    Revered Voyager
    You must add at least a 16 GB SD card.
    8 GB corresponds to the internal memory of your device.
  • Randy-3Rs
    New Seeker
    OK I installed a 16GB card. It formatted and is recognize like the previous cards. Only now I deleted enough voices that I have 144 MB of internal memory and nothing to add to try to write to the SD card. I will have to wait a few months and try to write the new updates to the SD card at a later time. Thanks for your help.