Sound issue on Junsun V1 pro unit (Android 10)

JardaBar
JardaBar Registered Users Posts: 25
Legendary Explorer
Hi.
I installed new 2DIN Junsun radio unit with Android 10 to my car.
When I tried to run TomTom Go, app was running fine, but there is some sound issue. When the app is trying to play voice commands, the sound is "distorted". It seems like some sound mixing issue. There is no change if I use computer or recorded voice.

Others applications using TTS engine speak normaly. No issues.
There is no change if I switch to another sound channel.

Please see video:

Can someone help me to solve this issue?

Thank you very much.

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,966
    Hi there @Flavio23

Welcome to the Community! The app has not been designed or tested for use with Android head units (car radio), so we can't guarantee that it will work with your current setup.

Best, lampard
  • JardaBar
    JardaBar Registered Users Posts: 25
    Legendary Explorer
    I understand, but if someone of the developers want to solve this issue, it could be useful for more people than me, I am ready to cooperate and help.
    It really seems like TomTom Go is not using TTS from Google (because it is working fine), but its own and there is problem to mix the sound.

May be, if TomTom Go will enable to choose TTS engine in the settings, it will helped. And I thing it is easy to do. Thank you.
  • MUP
    MUP Registered Users Posts: 574
    Revered Pioneer
    It depends on the type of enabled speech engine ... or money for Google :wink:

TTS was available in the TT Lab section of the App before NDS was introduced.
    You can use this setting by sideloading the TT GO r1.7.3 (old version).
    Pick the APK from the internet, but be absolutely carefully because of trojans or viruses!!!

If You have a chance to replace the unit:
    As I know today a PX5 is operating well with NDS.