Trucker 6000- TomTom Traffic and speed cameras not working

Andrius1103
Andrius1103 Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
edited April 1 in TomTom Services
hi,have paid money for traffic and camera services but cant use them for 3 months. have tryed everything whats on support videos but still not working and no gprs on device. anybody can help me with that? otherwise tomtom support is total rubish as services... many thanks

Best Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,806
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Andrius1103
    Welcome to the site....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up Tomorrow and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,758
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Andrius1103
    Welcome to the community! I reviewed your TomTom account and I see both services are active on your TomTom account.
    Regarding TomTom Traffic, I think it's probably related to a SIM connectivity issues/or the SIM has been disabled, but I would recommend confirming this with our customer service team.

Speed cameras should still work after you installed them using MyDrive Connect. Have you tried a clear reinstallation of speed cameras?

Steps as below-

Remove speed cameras - https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900380

Disconnect the device and perform a soft reset-

Install/update speed cameras-
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959559

Disconnect the device and perform another soft reset.

Test the device on a planned route and see if the alerts are working.

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,806
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Andrius1103
    Welcome to the site....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up Tomorrow and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,758
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Andrius1103
    Welcome to the community! I reviewed your TomTom account and I see both services are active on your TomTom account.
    Regarding TomTom Traffic, I think it's probably related to a SIM connectivity issues/or the SIM has been disabled, but I would recommend confirming this with our customer service team.

Speed cameras should still work after you installed them using MyDrive Connect. Have you tried a clear reinstallation of speed cameras?

Steps as below-

Remove speed cameras - https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900380

Disconnect the device and perform a soft reset-

Install/update speed cameras-
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959559

Disconnect the device and perform another soft reset.

Test the device on a planned route and see if the alerts are working.

Regards, Vikram
  • Andrius1103
    Andrius1103 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    hi have tryed everything what you recommend but still have no services. while sat nav is connected via mydrive then the servises shows active. using tomtom without connecting computer all services are not active and it shows no internet connection. sounds like the sim card is not working. can you check what is the problem with the sim. many thanks
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,835
    Superuser
    Hi @Andrius1103

You will need to contact Customer Support via Chat, not Chatbot, to have your sim checked.

There are no phone lines working because so many are working from home because of Covid.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    You then HAVE to Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in, and not before, Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Support Box appears and at the bottom with a message option
    Type Contact or Chat in the box
    If Chat is available you should be offered the chance to Tap Live Chat
    If it is Out of Hours for Chat you should be offered an option to message but you need Chat.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

If they believe that the Sim has not been deactivated then some users have found that cleaning the Sims Contacts has restored the connection as they have become corroded..

To do this , which is at your own risk, you need to very carefully remove the serial number label on the bottom of the unit. The Mobile sim is under this label and can be carefully removed using fine tweezers. Be careful to avoid any static. When you have the is out clean it with something like a pencil rubber and then push it in and out a few times to help clean the contacts inside the unit. The finished replace the label to cover the sim and so prevent it from coming out.

Doug