Can I synchronize a recorded route from my TT Rider 550 to TT Mydrive in the cloud?

Reinoud_Gouda
Reinoud_Gouda Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
Although I am able to upload a route/track (.gpx) to TT MyDrive and that track is automatically synched with my TT Rider 550, I am not able to see the recorded routes that I have in my TT Rider 550, on TT MyDrive in the Cloud. I would think this would be the usual way to share a recorded route with other people (download the route from TT MyDrive as a .gpx file). I am logged in both in TT MyDrive as well as in my TT Rider with the same username/password.

Thanks for your advise.

Best regards, Reinoud

Answers

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 17,738
    Superuser
    i dont have a rider, but you can export it via a memory card and then imprt it to Mydrive cloud
    https://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/Rider_Wi-Fi/html/en-gb/index.htm#Exportingtrackstoamemorycard-GO,START,TRUCKERandWings.htm
    6zyjzg51uomb.png
    https://mydrive.tomtom.com/en_gb

I'm not sure if the tracks can be copied and if they are visible when you import a file via USB, so you can copy them from there instead of going via a memory card.
    https://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/Rider_Wi-Fi/html/en-gb/index.htm#ImportingroutesfromyourcomputerusingUSB-Wings.htm
  • Reinoud_Gouda
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Lochfrass!

I would have to buy a memory card and card reader to follow that route, but it sounds like a workable option. Thanks for your suggestion.

I don't fully understand the suggested option via USB. If I connect the TT Rider 550 with a USB cable to my computer and I select to share a track, I still can only do that via the memory card.

The link you gave is to import files via USB from computer to Rider, not Rider to Computer.

I much appreciate if you have any other suggestions, Thanks!
  • Reinoud_Gouda
    Apprentice Seeker
    By the way, I see that a 32Gb MicroSD card with adapter, costs only € 7,50 . So I'm going to try that option. Thanks!
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 17,738
    Superuser
    Hi again.

Since I don't have a rider, I can't verify my assumptions.
    My thought process:
    If you connect the Rider to the PC and tap on import routes, you should have access to a protected part of the Rider memory (Iternal Memory).
    I hope that there are also the recordet tracks to see, so that you only need to copy them.

Maybe user @YamFazMan has simpler ideas and answers here too.
  • Reinoud_Gouda
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi again as well!

Unfortunately via the computer online on TT My Drive, I can only import a file which is stored on the computer itself, not on the TT Rider 550....

Thanks for the introduction to YamFazMan

Grtz, Reinoud
  • Reinoud_Gouda
    Apprentice Seeker
    @Lochfrass Good day,

The export onto a memory card and importing into TT MyDrive works! Thanks for your help,

Grtz from Gouda, Reinoud