rider 550 battery runs out

Umberto960
Umberto960 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
edited April 10 in RIDER
Greetings to all, I have a tomtom 550 Rider, after three months of off the bike I left for 10 days, I reactivated the tom tom after having loaded and updated it, just turned the key, drum roll and map loading but after a few seconds it turns off , blown fuse of the motorcycle accessories replaced the fuse, but the battery of the tomtom discharges even if it is turned off in half a day recharged two three times the same after a few hours it discharges, if mounted on its base it gives me the recharge signal and I ride everything the day
what idea? thank you

Mod edit: Machine translated (Italian)

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,809
    Hi @Umberto960
    Welcome to the community! Could you charge the device(2-3 hours) via a USB cable at home and keep the device switched ON, to see how long the battery lasts, please?

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • Umberto960
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited April 4
    ok I'll try in the next few days now I'm away from home for work
  • Umberto960
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited April 10
    Hi Vikram, thanks for the welcome, done several refills with different chargers after 3 hours the charge is about 80% to charge the whole bar it takes a little more than 4 hours
    then keeping it on it discharges after about 2 and a half hours, in night mode it reaches 4 hours
    then another problem is that the ball load, turned off (no Stand By) put in its case after 3 days is completely unloaded while last year it remained off even 2 weeks and when I went to pick it up it was loaded
    I think the battery has made a short ruining the charging capacity?

Mod edit: Machine translated (Italian)