Tom Tom go iOS and MyDrive

Andyratty
Andyratty Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
Hi I was wondering if someone could help. I’ve just downloaded the Tom tom go for my I phone to use for my Motorhome. I was led to believe if you planned a route on MyDrive and selecting the vehicle size it would then sync the route to the go app. However it doesn’t seem to work. Anyone any ideas.

Best Answer

• Andyratty
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thank you all for your responses. Greatly appreciated

Answers

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    Actually, there is no support for syncing that way, though you can sync saved places but not routes yet.
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 17,787
     Superuser
    I am not 100% sure, but I think I read in the German forum that you can synchronize a route saved in MyDrive as a track and marked to sync.
    Only the sending of destinations and stops does not seem to work via MyDrive.
    Have you tried that Way @Shawnloveshorses_161 or @Andyratty ?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,865
    Superuser
    edited March 28
    Hi @Andyratty

Yes you can create a route in My Drive based on specific vehicle details and can then either send the Stops/Destination etc to your devices or Save it in My Routes which will then sync to your devices. However if having created a route and then you send the Stops/Destination to the TT App, as with any of the Car based TT devices, when received the route will be recalculated based upon the settings in the TT device ie as a car..Routes that you saved to My Routes in My Drive when synced to the TT App or received by any Car based TT devices will display as created as the routes are fixed and will not react to any Traffic data and if you miss a turning will constantly seek to return you to where you erred.

Doug
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    Thank you @DougLap for the clarificatoin adn sorry for any confusion.
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 17,787
     Superuser
    To clarify how to mark routes for synchronization:
    s9yng48wb4vb.jpg
    zbc1zmm06a81.jpg

Sorry for the German screenshots :o
  • Andyratty
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thank you all for your responses. Greatly appreciated