Improvement to Map Update notification emails

LudwigWN
LudwigWN Registered Users Posts: 7
Apprentice Traveler
edited March 28 in Map quality
I submitted a number of map updates. I got an acceptance from one quite quickly but the email only tells me the report number. It would be much nicer to also see text (or if replied by a human, a brief summary) of the actual update - a quick read would tell me which is accepted rather than having to troll thru the list of possible updates to determine which it was.
Trouble is - Tomtom provide no way to email them with any 'improvement' suggestions, or to provide any other feedback. Giving them a 'fake' map update just to provide this sort of feedback is not really the way I'd like to [have to] do it!
Does anyone know a way to provide them feedback on how to improve their service e.g. these map update replies? Improved customer service should be a goal for any business.

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,802
    Thanks, @LudwigWN
    I will forward the feedback/request to the concerned team..

Regards, Vikram
  • LudwigWN
    Apprentice Traveler
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    Hi LudwigWN,

Did you recently start mapsharing, where did you get this email may I ask if it was accepted? As, only currently the top contributors of the map share can access the dashboard, see comments, as well with the email notifications.

Do you mind sending a screenshot and ink over the email address for privacy?

As well, in mapshare, if you click the filter button, you can see all your reports on the map if you over the area, each icon will represent the stage it is fixed or not.

The reports you submit in the MapShare Reporter will have one of the four following statuses:

cjtkg1d6kai2.png

Thank you :)

Have a wonderful day!
  • LudwigWN
    Apprentice Traveler
    Not entirely sure what you're wanting. I occasionally submit updates, wouldn't class myself as a "top contributor" by any stretch of the imagination.

I have submitted things in the past and seen no action for 1+ years on most of them, even one that was a major map error(!). They eventually got fixed after multiple submits for the same thing, nagging Tomtom (then any contact email addresses /phone numbers disappeared as a means to communicate - couched as "improving service" .. yeah, nah! .. I digress).

A few days ago I went into map share reporter (https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/#) and reported some changes for things that have annoyed for some time. I work on the basis if I don't tell someone something's wrong, then A) who will and B) I can't complain it's not fixed if I don't tell them.
    Anyway, the items I pass every day bugged me enough to submit a few in my local area.

So, merely by putting in a report, I got the first email -
    ourob0fr2jmr.jpg

A while later I got the second email for *one* of the map reports -
    tvzh78v26obp.jpg

But which one does it relate to? That's my "wonder". Yes, I can log into Tomtom Mapshare (using my mydrive account) and see where I've made suggestions. Then through a somewhat convoluted set of clicks, I can get to a list of "my reports" to find which one the numbers in the email correspond to. And yes, I see one of those symbols you included against each.
    But .. to quickly see in the email the description saves a lot of mucking round time doing all that.

So to summarise: I'm no "top contributor" as far as I'm aware, just doing standard things in Mapshare.
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited March 28
    oyur8bibfyyd.png
    Do you happen to have a badge by the profile picture in your mapshare? Does this link work for you, https://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/admin-dashboard/?

There is actually a way for top contributors to see a dashboard of all their feedback and status though I believe you are one of those, when you click the profile picture, does it show "email notifications"?

Shawn

PS: One email was sent first that it was confirmed they got your feedback and the second, it is on the map and will be released on the next map update.
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited March 28
    Clicking the report number hyperlink will go to mapshare and highlight the status and info of the report. :)
  • LudwigWN
    Apprentice Traveler
    Ah, true!
    But .. if the text was in the email I would only need to read it along with the "Thanks for suggesting..." etc words. A maybe small but user-friendly time-saver B)
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    Actually, its very good, it shows "Your feedback is on the map" when it is accepted and thank you for when it is just confirming they got it.

Were you able to find the notification settings on TomTom Mapshare, click profile icon and click email notifcaitons.
  • LudwigWN
    Apprentice Traveler
    Yes, it is good. Much improved responsiveness to what I'd call "minor oopsies". Yet to test that with any "major mistakes" e.g. that tell me I need to take a 1 hour diversion (yes, it did sthat for over a year, including through 3 map updates after being reported!).

No, can't find anything like "email notifications". Only options when I click on profile icon are -
    6c90ppic3ywv.jpg
    I can change region by clicking on the 'flag', but no other options in there either.
    I can see all my reports when I choose "My Reports" but again, no option about emails.
  • [Deleted User]
    Supreme Pioneer
    Oh, that is very intersting, they must be rolling out this feature to more people now, can you try logging out and trying in an incognito window? It is strange yo u are getting email notifications.

May I ask if there is any map reporting you wish to give some examples to so I can look into it?
  • LudwigWN
    Apprentice Traveler
    I can't go anywhere on the map reporter URL if I don't log in (with mydrive login info). It shows none of my reports (not unexpected).
    Strange too - I had to "log out" to go back to "incognito", and as it did that it at first reported "logout error!" briefly before ending with "logout successful". lol
    Don't know how to share reports. Maybe type in one of those numbers in the earlier picture I posted?