Switching map on TomTom Start 25 from Eastern US and Canada to another map

4mds
4mds Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
I am trying to switch my map in my TomTom Start 25 from Eastern US and Canada to another region, but I am unable to load the map. Not sure what is the issue. Could it be the device is no longer supported and no accepting new maps or do I need to delete my current map to load a new map. I tried to delete my map, but it would allow me to do that either. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,822
    Superuser
    edited March 27
    Hi @4mds

Not sure that all Start 25 units have been declared obsolete. If your unit has 4GB of internal memory then it may not have been declared obsolete so have you added an Extra memory card for the map you want, a Micro SD class 10 up to a maximum 32gb card is recommended.

Doug
  • 4mds
    4mds Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hello there and thank you so much for your reply. I have inserted a memory card 8gb as you suggested and the map will still not load to the device. I keep getting an error message that states something went wrong with your device and check your computer, but no message appears on my computer. Do you have any other suggestions? Thank you so much for taking the time with my issue.