New TomTom Go EXPERT Failure

bigredbus833
bigredbus833 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
I just received the TomTom Go Expert WIFI GPS to replace my older TomTom. I followed all applicable instructions to set up this unit successfully. There are 2 updates available. When I tried to connect to the TomTom server using this units WIFI it fails to connect. "OOPS, Something went wrong and couldn't connect to the server. Please try again later.". 4 hous later still the same message. I have followed all troubleshooting instructions without success. I have read that TomTom employees follow this forum. I like TomTom especially the Guidance, but unless I can resolve this issue I will have no choice but to return this TomTom Go Expert GPS. Hope someone can help. Thank you

Comments

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,410
    Exalted Pioneer
    did you try after some time again?
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,787
    Superuser
    edited March 28
    Hi
    @bigredbus833
    Welcome to the site....
    Re the GO Expert....
    For the initial registration of the device to your account... You need to connect the device over Wi-Fi....
    For ALL Map Installs & updates the device >> MUST << be connected over Wi-Fi....
    Check... Tap on the 3 line 'Hamburger Icon' --> Setting --> System --> About....
    Scroll down to Data Connection....
    What does the device report???

Disconnect the USB Lead from your PC....
    Note... If you need to power the device, when checking the Wi-Fi Connections, use something like a Mains USB Charger or a SmartPhone USB charger with the original Tomtom Power lead...

(2)... An active Bluetooth/Phone connection.... Will also take priority over the Wi-Fi connection...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM