Lifetime Maps removed!!

ViaUser
ViaUser Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
I have the registration card for my Via 1405TM purchased in 2011 along with my purchase receipt. It clearly states that I should be getting lifetime map updates!
Not just the maps that came installed on the device and that it does not expire after the so called lifetime of the device.

How can this be rectified?

Thank you,
Via1405 User

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    Answer ✓
    Hi @ViaUser
    We did some changes in the backend, could you check for updates now?

Thanks,
    Vikram.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,444
    Revered Voyager
    edited March 21
    You receive lifetime maps for the map installed at the time of device purchase, not for other maps.

It seems to me that the Via 1405TM does not have a lifetime card?
  • ViaUser
    New Seeker
    That is not what I see in the update portal. I see:
    USA, Canada & Mexico - Lifetime* Maps
    Current Version:v10.75
    Expired

Next to this is a "Renew Map" button which takes me to a page to purchase an update.

Notice that little asterisk at the end of the Lifetime? That is new. Further down the web page it states "* Lifetime is the useful life of the device, which means the period of time that TomTom continues to support your device with either software updates, services, content or accessories. A device will have reached the end of its useful life when one or more is no longer available or if no updates have been downloaded to the device for a period of 36 months or more."

On my lifetime card which came with the device it states: How does Lifetime Maps work?
    • Each time you connect your device to your computer, MyTomTom will let you know if a new map is waiting for you.
    • New maps are released each quarter and are added to your account as soon as they are available.
    The fine print at the end of the card states "The map updates are valid for maps of the US, Canada, and Mexico only. This map will only update map regions which are currently loaded on your device. This service is not transferable and may be assigned to one device."

As you see, there are no time limitations specified, and no specified "useful life of device" statements.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,444
    Revered Voyager
    If the device has lifetime cards, come back later, moderator @VikramK will review your account and assign you the service.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,829
     Superuser
    Hi
    @ViaUser
    As far as I'm aware the 'T' & 'M' of the USA Via 1405TM model name means Lifetime Traffic and Maps....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    Answer ✓
    Hi @ViaUser
    We did some changes in the backend, could you check for updates now?

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • ViaUser
    New Seeker
    Thank you @VikramK , I was able to update to the latest map once again.

Regards,