Utilisation de Carplay - CarPlay usage and vocal instructions

mza6
mza6 Registered Users Posts: 13
Apprentice Traveler
ENGLISH :

Hello
I am using GO Navigation on Iphone XS for few days, but i previously used In board GO GPS models for years in the past.

My question :smile:

In my car (a MINI model), with bluetooth and wifi both previously activated, and GO Navigation last version launched, impossible to ask for an address vocally with SIRI :neutral:
How can i do for this ?
I am obliged to enter a destination with hand on screen, which oblige car to be stopped before : this is a problem when i go to a new punctual destination !
Thanks in advance for your explanations.

FRENCH :
Bonjour. J'utilise GO Navigation sur un Iphone XS depuis peu de temps, mais j'ai utilisé des appareils embarqués GO pendant des années.

Ma question :
Dans ma voiture (une MINI), le bluetooth et le wifi étant bien activés, et GO Navigation dernière version étant bien lancé, impossible de demander une destination en vocal avec SIRI : comment faire ?
Je suis obligé de saisir ou sélectionner une destination à l'écran, ce qui oblige d'être arrêté et est problématique lorsqu'on va vers une nouvelle destination ponctuelle !
Merci par avance de vos précisions.

Best Answer

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,954
    Answer ✓
    Hi @mza6

Welcome to the Community! I think only the Siri shortcuts are supported. Have a look at the quoted response below from Doug on Another thread:
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Tom900TomTom

Can I suggest that you investigate Siri Shortcuts in Settings?

Firstly if you have Siri activated on your iPhone then try Hey Siri (Pause) Open Tomtom. Doing this will open the App without you touching the Phone.
    • Now Tap Menu
    • Tap Settings
    • Tap Siri Shortcuts
    • Tap Adds

If you do this then add an Option

You can now add a list of Shortcuts that the App recognises. As a result if you have a My Place called Tom and Jerry then with the address set as a Siri Shortcut with the App NOT open on the iPhone you can say Hey Siri (Pause) Drive to Tom and Jerry. The Tomtom App will open and creat a route to Tom and Jerrys.

Doug

PS Pause Is the slight delay between saying Hey Siri and Tom and Jerry

Best, lampard

Answers

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,954
    Answer ✓
    Hi @mza6

Welcome to the Community! I think only the Siri shortcuts are supported. Have a look at the quoted response below from Doug on Another thread:
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Tom900TomTom

Can I suggest that you investigate Siri Shortcuts in Settings?

Firstly if you have Siri activated on your iPhone then try Hey Siri (Pause) Open Tomtom. Doing this will open the App without you touching the Phone.
    • Now Tap Menu
    • Tap Settings
    • Tap Siri Shortcuts
    • Tap Adds

If you do this then add an Option

You can now add a list of Shortcuts that the App recognises. As a result if you have a My Place called Tom and Jerry then with the address set as a Siri Shortcut with the App NOT open on the iPhone you can say Hey Siri (Pause) Drive to Tom and Jerry. The Tomtom App will open and creat a route to Tom and Jerrys.

Doug

PS Pause Is the slight delay between saying Hey Siri and Tom and Jerry

Best, lampard
  • mza6
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited March 21
    Thanks very much lampard and DougLap for your replies,

Under these conditions, it is easier to use directly Tomtom favorites.

Problem is when i need to go to a new punctual destination !

I am disappointed that if seems impossible to ask directly Tomtom for a NEW destination so i wonder why i can do it with Waze and not with Tomtom ??
  • mza6
    Apprentice Traveler
    Possibility to drive to any new destination (NOT previously recorded address in My places) by voice is operational with Apple Maps or Waze for example, because these softwares have full SIRI integration.
    It is not the case with Tomtom GO Navigation

Can Tomtom team tell us WHEN full SIRI integration in GO Navigation will be completed and available for users ?