App closes itself when downloading maps

Hakitaki
Hakitaki Registered Users Posts: 10
Apprentice Traveler
Hi,

App closes itself out of nowhere during the installation / update cycle of (new) maps. This has occured a couple of times now and is not related to the last app version 3.3.86 as it happened on previous versions as well. Device:pixel 6 with the latest Android patch of February 2022.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Install app from app store.
2. Select to download more countries then the one proposed.
3. Manually select all countries listed under Europe (for some countries you have to click on the country, and then use the select all button to get all regions).
4. Start the installation.

After some time, usually after a minute or 5-8, total time is about 10-15 minutes to install this selection, the app closes itself. When you re launch the app you can start selecting the maps that haven't been installed by hand again. Then start the installation.

Please note, this also happens when you are updating already installed maps via the round arrow icon when updates are available. In my case I have loaded whole europe on the device, should be very easy to reproduce:

1. Go to map.
2. Press on downloaded maps (it says updates available).
3. Press the round button with the arrows displayed under Europe.

After some time the app closes itself again. This behaviour is very annoying, especially when you have to delete all maps before an update as the bug with occupying extra space on the device hasn't been solved yet either (see other topic).

Comments

• szachowa
    szachowa Administrators, Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    Hi @Hakitaki ,

Thank you for reporting this.
    If possible, please share your AppID (can be found in About Screen). We will check what crashes are reported to our crash reporting tool.
  • Hakitaki
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi, the AppID listed is:

MYANC9CD237D2A45A10E15E48E5DB502595B9EA1288B.

Let me know if more information is needed.
  • szachowa
    szachowa Administrators, Staff Posts: 491 Staff
    edited March 23
    Thank you, I can see your crash in our crash reporting tool. I will inform the team.
  • Hakitaki
    Apprentice Traveler
    The app (v 3.4.7) just crashed 2 times when updating the maps just now. When can we expect that this will this basic functionality will be fixed?