Syncing GoDisover7

shaun2305
shaun2305 Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
My work friend has a Go Discover 7 with all the works deliveries saved ( approx 170 of them ) I now have the same satnav, and i need all the saved "My Places" from his satnav onto mine. We cannot use the same account as it would conflict when setting routes. I have tried to export his POI and import them to mine. it doesnt work. im really annoyed at the moment. such a simple task should be a feature on TomTom's! can somebody help please.

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,833
    Superuser
    Hi @shaun2305

There is one possibility whereby if you both use the same account so that all the My Places etc are the same however when you are using the units you do not have them signed into My Drive. The fact you are not signed in does not stop the unit working as normal re traffic etc you just ensure that you only log into My Drive when you need to sync any data.

You could try the following Post from @YamFazMan

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1174476/#Comment_1174476

Doug
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,804
    Superuser
    edited March 14
    Hi Doug, you beat me to it... :)
    Hi @shaun2305
    Welcome to the site
    Logging out of MyDrive on your devices is the way to go....
    When you need to sync a route file, log back into MyDrive on the device/s you wish to sync the data
    I use this method with Muttiple devices... After all, you only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address

If you're not happy logging in/out of MyDrive, you will need to set up a MyDrive account with different Email and password for each device... the downside is you will need to set up and maintain multiple MyDrive (Web) Route planner accounts for any MyPlaces, POI's and Routes you wish to sync to each individual device

I maintain Mutiple Tomtom devices by simply logging in/out of MyDrive (On the device)
    I use a single password across all the devices... You only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address
    Most of the time on the individual devices I am out logged of MyDrive and only log in to sync data as required, then log out again
    NAV4 Devices --> Tap (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing
    NAV4 (Wi-fi) Connected --> Tap (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing
    Go Discover/Expert --> Tap on the 3 line 'Hamburger Icon' --> Setting --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing

Note.....
    Logging out of MyDrive >> On the device << does not stop the device receiving Tomtom Traffic and live services info
    The above does not work in the USA the Live Traffic system is different to UK/Europe

Note... You can't install 3D Party POI ,Ov2 Categories on the New Go Discover & Expert devices....
    Many users have asked for the facility to back up their MyPlaces to a PC
    You can also create a Personal POI Category of your MyPlaces to replace the MyPlaces list, and if required show an Icon on your device or Create Multiple Personal POI Categories as required...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1136163/many-users-have-asked-for-the-facility-to-back-up-their-myplaces-to-a-pc

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • shaun2305
    shaun2305 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    ok, i guess signing in & out of myDrive would work...... but when i sign into it to get 1 of the saved places, when i press "send to device" to get the route up on the satnav, its sending that request both to my satnav and my work friends satnav?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,372
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

in my opinion it will not work if a route is saved on Mydrive automatically the route will end up on your GPS when connecting to the Mydrive account.

The only reliable solution is to create your places on your account that you created.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,804
    Superuser
    edited March 14
    Hi
    @shaun2305
    @Willy875
    shaun2305 wrote: »
    ok, i guess signing in & out of myDrive would work...... but when i sign into it to get 1 of the saved places, when i press "send to device" to get the route up on the satnav, its sending that request both to my satnav and my work friends satnav?
    Working OK here... Logging out of MyDrive >> On the device <<

Early NAV4 Devices --> Tap (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing
    Later NAV4 (Wi-fi) Connected --> Tap (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing
    Go Discover/Expert --> Tap on the 3 line 'Hamburger Icon' --> Setting --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing

See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1801254/#Comment_1801254

Stay Safe... ATB YFM