TomTom Go not using internet search?

HUCON
HUCON Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
It seems to me that TomTom go isn’t using any sort of internet search. I have the maps downloaded for e.g. Poland. If I search for a POI in Warsaw. Nothing found. Search in Google maps, Apple Maps, Waze. Direct hit and go.

TomTom go is a great Navi app but the lack of online search (at least I’ve not found it) is a major disqualified for daily use. In Waze I can just type the name of a client’s company and I’m on the way. In TomTom I need to have the address.

Is this om some roadmap? I can hardly believe it’s just me that misses this functionality.

Comments

• Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,215
    Community Manager
    @HUCON
    Can you give us an example?
  • HUCON
    Apprentice Seeker
    Like. I want to drive to the company “A1karting” in Warsaw Poland. When I type into Waze: a1karting it shows me directly as the first result the correct location of the company and I can click and navigate to this. It seems TomTom go doesn’t have any internet based POI search like that.
  • HUCON
    Apprentice Seeker
    dv5o2mbq7vqf.png
    q89il3ezx9sv.png
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    The example refers to https://a1karting.pl/ and should be covered by a POI, right? I'm not sure what's happening here since we do cover online search unless it's disabled in TomTom Services. Would you have few more examples?

If I search for a museum then it works, even with online search disabled:
    6qptnqo4n2r2.png
  • RoyS
    RoyS NetherlandsRegistered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Here the same problem. Finding sport clubs is not working

rh8x9wxvlanv.png
    au6rmkx9thns.png
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    You can report missing POIs using MapShare reporter:
    www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools
    FAQ about MapShare reporter
  • RoyS
    RoyS NetherlandsRegistered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    That is not the problem... the problem is internet search is not working... for nothing...