SD formatted after upgrade

AlbertoMAzz
AlbertoMAzz Registered Users Posts: 8
Apprentice Seeker
Hi everyone, I was updating the maps with Smart media connect, unfortunately the program crashed and for some reason the ssd was formatted. Now the SSD is no longer recognized by smart media connect, what should I do to use the tom tom in my smart again? thank you

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

To restore your SD, a backup must be available on your computer. click the restore button.
  • AlbertoMAzz
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks for the reply. I have no backup unfortunately. I have read that if I connect the sd to the tom tom inside the smart it is rewritten. It's true?
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Smart media connect should be able to restore your Sd from an automatic backup

follow the path >> C/Users/(your name)/AppData/Local/TomTom/HOME3/Cache/Backups

The moderator can add a card to your account

it's more complicated if the SD was formatted if you couldn't find the backup.

I think the solution is to buy a new SD from your Mercedes dealer?

• Fugazza
    Fugazza Registered Users Posts: 1
    Novice Seeker
    A formatted SD card recognised by comuter but not TomTom Home2 or NB1 device in Mazda.
    Suggestions please
  • AlbertoMAzz
    Apprentice Seeker
    thanks for the answers, unfortunately I can not find anything on the path you gave me, there is really no path. If I connect the sd card I see this screen. If I buy the maps (update) I will not believe anything since the scehda is not recognized and therefore gives me no connected navigator.be6vt04pjeul.png
    z2xgm71bsghk.jpg
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

The path I show you is on your computer.
    Check back tomorrow to see if moderator @VikramK can do anything for you.
  • AlbertoMAzz
    Apprentice Seeker
    Grazie!
  • AlbertoMAzz
    Apprentice Seeker
    Now the device reads the card but the smart (machine) does not. I can't delete and update because it gives me server error.

mwsivghma8dt.png
    20nmu4lpbtdq.png
    wsej6o14t59o.png
    s6o0kycwftek.png
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    In 2021, there was a problem with overloaded server messages, can you download the latest version of Smart Media Connect again. https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/in-dash-navigation/getstarted/smart/
  • AlbertoMAzz
    Apprentice Seeker
    Nothing doesn't work, I managed to get the scehda to be read by cloning a friend's scehda, otherwise as written yesterday it was not read. I think the moderator should help me at this point. I don't understand how this can happen with a trivial update ...
  • AlbertoMAzz
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hello @VikramK may you help me?